Chapter three

~Arthur POV~
"To the Louvre museum we go," Francis laughed, pulling me. He seemed very excited to go, which was great. "Hey, I know we just met, and this may seem strange that I asked you to take me. I guess you seemed like an interesting man. And I guess I wanted a friend," I laughed out nervously. "I know, but why not, right? You only get one chance to do things. So why waste my time not doing anything? Especially if it's just taking a fine man like you out."

I felt my face get red at his words. "I heard that French people were passionate, but I didn't know it would be this much," I laughed as we continued to walk side by side. "I think passionate might be less of a stretch," he smirked. His face was perfect, his hair pulled back in a ponytail so gracefully. He was so handsome I just can't take my eyes off of him. "Arthur, have you always lived in England?" He looked at me some more with fascinated eyes. "Yes, and have you? Always lived in France, I mean."
"Yes, of course, I couldn't think of anywhere better," he laughed nudging me.

"Which hotel are you staying in? Or do you have a place? It is quite expensive to live in Paris; even the hotels are ridiculous," his eyes widened nervously. "I forgot the name of the hotel, but it isn't far from here. And believe me, it is expensive. I am planning to find a place to live since I know I can't live in a hotel for a year." I laughed nervously. "Are you sure you only want to stay for a year? Have you thought of staying longer?"
"Wow, don't you have a lot of questions," I laughed.

"Well, it depends on my job and if I like being here. So far it's been great, but maybe if there was a good enough reason I would stay longer," I looked at Francis with a smile. "I guess you will see then," he smiled.  As we continued to walk, we got to know each other more. I learned more about him, how he has a sister Lucile, who lives in Belgium with a very good friend of hers. I told him about my family, and he was excited to hear how many brothers I had. How he wished he had a baby brother.

~
When we arrived at the museum, I was exhausted, so I needed to take a seat from the walk. "Here, let me get you something to drink," he smiled running off. He was so nice it kind of surprised me too. I had never met someone so nice before. "Here you go" he smiled, handing me some water to drink. Francis took a seat next to me and looked at all the people passing by. "The city is always full of life, you will like it very much." He smiled some more at me.

"We can sit here for a bit, relax," I smiled. We both sat back on the bench and continued to look at everyone with happy gazes. "You know Arthur, if you ever have a hard time paying for that hotel, you are welcome to stay with me. I am always willing to help a friend in a time of need." He turned to me with a tilted head. Smiling so beautifully, like he had been this whole afternoon. "I might take you up on that offer if you let me pay you," I smiled back. I slapped my legs and stood up to look at him. "Well, let's go inside already."

I started to walk towards the building as he followed behind me. "I love the sculptures here. I know most people mostly come to see the paintings, but the sculptures are breathtaking. To be able to make the stone look so soft will always be an amazement to me."
"Indeed, it is amazing" I nodded in agreement. Our conversations have been too extravagant, but I liked how simple they were. It made me feel calm, especially in the surroundings I have. It's been a calm day so far.

~
"Just listen to the joke, okay."
"No! You tell the worst jokes" I laughed. "Oh, come on, it's funny," Francis touched my shoulder, smiling. "Okay, fine, let me hear it," I asked, laughing some more. "Okay, okay, so A climber fell off a cliff, and as he tumbled down, he caught hold of a small branch wedged in the rock.
"HELP! IS THERE ANYBODY UP THERE?" he shouted.
A majestic voice boomed through the gorge:
"I will help you, my son, but first, you must have faith in me."
"Yes, yes, I trust you!" cried the man.
"Let go of the branch," boomed the voice.
There was a long pause, and the man shouted again, "IS THERE ANYONE ELSE UP THERE I COULD TALK TO?"

I laughed as he spread his arms in a punchline kind of way. "God, that was terrible," I laughed as he smiled at me. "Alright, you caught me. I am terrible at telling jokes," he nudged me. "Oh yes," I nudged back. We had left the museum after a short three hours that felt like only an hour with him. We continued to laugh together as we walked over to the bench again.

"Hey, are you hungry? I can make you something back at my place." He suggested. I had gotten to know him a lot tonight, so I guess it wasn't all that bad if I went. He is still a stranger, but not as much as he was a couple of hours ago. I trust him. "Alright, fine, I guess I could go to your home. Just don't murder me," I laughed. "Who am I? Jack the Ripper? You Englishmen and your silly stories," he laughed some more. I looked at him as he pulled me to his shop/home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far❤️