Chapter 42: New Day New Mood

Having fallen asleep exceptionally early the little girl sandwiched between the two giants stirred awake. She stretched out wide kicking both Lain and Mallix, but was surprised to see neither of them even flinch.

She thought about getting out of bed but seeing as she was mentally exhausted from yesterday, she couldn't move. Her entire body felt heavy and it took every piece of energy her tired body had to move slightly. Slumping in defeat, Kaila just laid there in bed not moving until finally after another hour or so when Lain began to wake.

She turned her little body so she was facing the sleeping beauty in front of her, seeing her eyes still sealed shut. "Morning" she happily whispered out to her before placing a kiss onto her nose.

A smile crept its way into Lain's face and her eyes opened. She wrapped her arms around Kaila's waist pulling her closer to her tall body and held her tightly.

"What are you doing up already cutie, it's only..." she turned tiredly looking at the clock, "five in the morning."

"Can't sleep" she mumbled looking up at Lain. The taller woman cooed down at her and tightened her grip ever so slightly but not enough to crush the small girl.

"Well how about we try get a few more hours in. Or at least until the sun rises. Can you close those pretty eyes for me baby?"

Shaking her head Kaila tried to wiggle her way out of Lain's hold. But despite being tired Lain was still too strong for the girl to match and was unable to get anywhere. Instead Lain put her hand on her baby's head holding it against her chest. After Kaila settled, Lain began to hum a soft tune over and over again.

Kaila knew she wasn't tired, in fact she was ready for the day to begin, but the sweet melody matched with Lain's heartbeat was music to her ears and soon her eyelids began to flutter closed.

Snuggled together they slept for another few hours until once again Kaila woke up. Only this time both of the couple around her were missing. She didn't hear them anywhere in the room, so she got up and wandered into the hall.

She checked every room on the top floor not finding them anywhere. Not knowing where else to look she stopped at the top baby gate placing her ear to the gate. Listening closely she could hear a conversation going on a lower level.

The small girl knew they were downstairs, the only obstacle in her way was the gate. She hated these things the most. They always stopped her from getting anywhere. Glaring up at the lock that defeated her on multiple occasions she gripped on tightly to the bars shaking it lightly.

She already knew it wasn't going to magically open, but it was worth a try. Not realizing how hard she had began shaking it, the ruckus sent a worried Mallix up the stairs.

"Kaila stop." He scolded opening the gate and kneeling in front of the short girl. "We do not shake the gate, if you wanted to come downstairs all you had to do is call for us."

She nodded her head apologizing before collapsing in his arms letting him carry her down the stairs.

On the first floor Lain stood waiting for them in the living room. Mallix took Kaila over to the couch sitting with her in his lap. "Good morning" Lain pressed a kiss onto her forehead, "how did you sleep?"

"Good" Kaila answered leaning back into Mallix getting comfortable as she let out one of her kitten yawns.

"Well I'm glad baby. Daddy and I know you were having a rough day yesterday so we have some surprises planned for you today."

She sparked up at surprise cause the duo to laugh. "Surprise?" She asked excitedly.

"Yes precious we have surprises for you. Would you like one now?" He smirked behind her already knowing she would want it now.

Nodding and clapping eagerly Lain smiled and walked away momentarily before coming back with a small box wrapped neatly in colored paper. She placed the box in Kaila's lap, "go ahead and open it."

And with that Kaila dug in ripping apart the wrapping paper until she hit a flat thin box. Inside of it she found the dress she had asked Lain for so long ago neatly placed. Her face lit up and she was bouncing in Mallix's lap as she pulled it out examining all the details.

It was exactly as she remembered it. She hugged it close to her chest before hopping off Mallix's lap and into Lain's arms. "Thank you!" She squealed hugging the tall woman.

"Of course baby, and remember your the only one with a dress like that so wear it proudly." Kaila was jumping around the place before Mallix spoke.

"What about me? I helped too. Don't I get a hug?" Mallix fake gasped looking sad and lonely on the couch.

"Thank you!" Kaila squealed anyways running over to him and giving him a big hug.

Meanwhile Lain looked at him amused rolling her eyes playfully and crossing her arms, "and what help would that been? Last I remember I did all the designing, and measuring, and stitching, and sewing, and now that I think of it...everything."

He chuckled to himself, "babe you left out the most important thing."

"And what would that be?" She placed her hands on her hip.

"The directing." He explained snapping his finger as if it were obvious. Both him and Lain broke out into laughter. Not long after Kaila joined in, not because she understood what was going on but because she was happy to see them laughing.

"How about you go try it on sweetie?" Mallix suggested. Kaila nodded her head eagerly before running off into a bathroom. When she returned she had the blue dress with white and black accents on and a wide smile on her face.

She twirled around in front of them letting the breezy dress catch air, Lain wouldn't have made her baby a dress that was skin tight. Mallix whistled to her, "you look beautiful precious."

The small girl couldn't help but blush and looked down nervously. "Come here, let daddy get a better look at you." He waved her over grabbing hold of her hands and admiring his wife's work.

"What do you think cutie?" Lain asked.

"I love it!" She squealed before letting go of Mallix's hands freeing herself as she started dancing around the large open space.

Lain and Mallix smiled at each other before joining their little girl. Music played throughout all of their heads at different rhythms and the entire room looked crazy. But none of them cared. They were having fun and laughing.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off