Ch. 3

Justyce's pov:
Im in my room like any other day studying and listening to music when melanie just walks into my room like its hers too, which she is here all the time so it pretty much is.
"Do you remember the guys from the club?" She just says to me as she sits down on my bed next to me. I don't look at her when i speak cause im still consentrating on my school work.
"Uh yeah. Why?"
"Because they all stopped by the bakery."
I put my pencil and notebook down on my bed and look at her. "Did they recognize you?"
"I think so. There was one guy with curly, moppish hair who gave me his number." She says to me as she hands me the crumpled up paper. I grab it from her and pull out my phone.
"What the heck are you doing?" She asks with an eyebrow raised.
"Well he gave you his number and said call anytime so why not now?" I say already beginning to dial the number.
"Because it's like 9:00 at night."
"So what." Is the last thing i say before I hit call and we are both silent listening to the phone on speaker.
"Hello?" A voice comes out. You can tell that these boys are definitly not from here, but i can't quite make out where he is from.
I decide to speak up, "hey." I say in a kind of monitone voice. I dont really know why, i guess i was kind of nervous. These boys werent like boys next door. They looked like they partied every weekend and threw up all week.
"Is this the girl from the bakery? Melanie right. Im pretty sure thats what your shirt said, you sound different on the phone."
"Oh this isn't Melanie. Im her friend, Justyce. I don't think i got your name though."
"Uhm it's Ashton. So where is Melanie?"
"Ashton. Hmm i like that name. Can i call you Ash?"
"Uh i would prefer you not really."
"Well i don't care im calling you Ash. Mel is right beside me actually." She speaks up but not much. Mel isn't a very social person when she meets new people she talks as quiet as a mouse.
"Hi." A small sound comes out of her and it makes her sound like she has never spoken to someone in her life.
"Hi Melanie." He says sounding a little bit peppier than before. On his end of the phone you can hear bickering and yelling over a game i think. Do these boys all live together.
"What is all that yelling in the back?" I ask him becoming annoyed.
"My friend Michael is playing a video game but he sucks so hes getting frustrated."
"SHUTUP!" You can hear him yell. I can hear Ashton chuckle a bit.
"So do you all live together?"
"Uh yeah. We all moved here together, mainly to just get away from our parents."
"Oh thats cool. Where did you guys move from?"
"Austrailia." Thats what the accent is. Australian.
Ashton started to sound kind of bored with the conversation as i mainly just asked him questions about small things like how long have they been here, how long do they think they are gonna stay, if he goes to school, or f he has a job and other everyday stuff like that.
"Hiiii. Who is this?" I hear a new voice coming from the phone.
"Luke could you give it back please." I hear Ashton say further away. "Is that girl with the dark hair there, the one who wore the purple dress?" He asked. He was definitly drunk.
"No." Mel replies.
"Oh. Well can you tell her to come to the beach tonight. Actually you all can come if you want. We can have a party." He starts hooting and Mel and i cant stop ourselves from bursting into laughter.
"Luke please give my phone back?" Ashton started to sound like he was getting annoyed.
"Fine, but only if they agree to come to the beach with us."
"They don't want to go-"
I cut Ashton off, "Alright. We will be there in half an hour."
"Ok. Cool" Luke says.
"Cant wait to see you there Melanie." Ashton says right before i hang up.
I look at Mel and she is staring at her hands smiling. For the past couple years Mel has never really had a boyfriend or anyone like that, so I assume its nice for her when a guy shows interest in her. Even if its probably cause he just wants sex.
"You know tomorrow i have work and you have morning classes. She says looking up at me.
"So, he said it was a party. We can't turn that down. Call up Brooke and Taina and tell them we are going to the beach."
She just rolls her eyes and does what i say as i pull out a bathing suit for me and her.