Chapter 16

~flashback continued~

I woke up to the sound of laughter.
"Aww sleeping beauties." I heard.

I opened my eyes as best I could. The guys were standing over us. I was curled up with Anya on the sofa.
I got up slowly and rested Anya's head on a cushion trying not to wake her and followed the guys through to the kitchen.

"Soooooooo what happened with you two last night? Eh?" Asked Danny the second the kitchen door shut.
"Nothing happened" I smiled with finger quotes.
"We just watched some movies." I smiled to myself remembering how much fun we had.

"Mmmhhh" tom raised his eyebrows. They all knew nothing happened they were just messing with me. Except Dougie. He was acting so weird, he kept making sure nothing happened with Anya, in an accidentally obvious way.

I boiled the kettle and made Anya a cup of tea, brought it through to her realising she was sat up on the sofa checking her phone.
She looked up and saw me offering the mug towards her.
"Thankyou so much." She smiled.
"The girls are wondering why I never came back to the hotel last night."

"Oh I guess we better get you back then." I looked outside secretly hoping the rain was still pouring but the sky was clear and I could see the sea moving waves to the shore slowly but steadily.
"Oh. Yeah." She said. Her face dropped.
Neither of us wanted to leave, We just didn't think it was the right time to say anything.
We sat together for a while and just talked. Anya finished her cup of tea.

I turned on the TV and we watched an episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S the one with 5 steaks and an eggplant. We both loved friends, Anya could even speak the words along with the characters but she stopped after a while.

The show ended and the theme tune kicked in. Dougie walked in.

"What awww I missed friends!" He said realising the credits.

"Oh sorry Dougie, I better get going anyway." She glanced down at her jumper in a wet pile on the floor.

"Okay... Well unless you guys wanna see my blue and white spotty bra again, can you gimme a minute?" She asked and Dougie and I laughed.

"Well, I wouldn't pass up seeing some lingerie but Anya, your jumper's soaking. Keep my cardigan on." Dougie smiled at her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah coarse! "

"Thank you so much Dougie. I'll get it back to you as soon as I can."

I looked at Anya in dougie's cardigan and got a weird sense, jealousy, which I really wasn't expecting to feel at this point. I pulled out my charm.

"Come on Anya, I'll drive you back to the hotel unless you want to walk through town in my bear slippers."
She peered down at her feet.
"Meh. I think it's a good look."
I laughed and led her out the front door.
The air was fresher than it had been sharing the house with 5 other guys and I could hear the sea.
We hopped into the delorean and I started the ignition.
"Y'know, you really need a keyring for all those keys. An animal, a J, maybe a photo?"

I looked at my bundle of keys hanging down from the ignition.
"I like the photo idea, maybe I'll get one soon."

And with that we zoomed off. As we drove we talked about, well just random stuff really. Every now and then acting out scenes from back to the future, naturally as we were in the delorean. But the conversation was easy, there was no awkward silences and I didn't have to try hard. It felt amazing, when we arrived outside the hotel I was disappointed, I didn't want my time with her to end.

She got out and I followed her and stopped outside the swanky glass doors that led to the Hotel.
"So..."
"Sorry I couldn't get you here sooner."
"No, I had a really good time, and to be honest it's been a dream of mine to meet you properly since I was a kid, but i spent the whole evening with you and the rest of mcbusted! That's mindblowing to me! So thankyou." She was so cute.

"Well, I'm very glad to have met you." I smiled and we stood in silence for a few seconds.

And what happened next was amazing. Spontaneous but meant to be.

We both leaned in and we kissed.
I probably sound like a girl but there was fireworks.
It was cold and her hair blew in the wind, my arm wrapped around her waist and my other hand on her face she held on to me and I could feel her arms around me. Her arms being sheltered from the cold by dougie's cardigan...

~Real time~

I never knew back then that i'd be this in love with her and now she's lying in front of me, unconscious.