14

-

-  "You have my notifications on?" Jimin smiled as he watched Yoongi's phone light up on the coffee table in front of them

-
"You have my notifications on?" Jimin smiled as he watched Yoongi's phone light up on the coffee table in front of them. "How cute!"

  Yoongi flipped his phone over with a small pout on his face. "No." He lied terribly.

  The younger crawled to him on the large sectional with a small smirk. "Let me see your phone, then." He plopped next to Yoongi.

  "N-No." Yoongi picked up his phone and held it against his chest like a baby with candy.

  "I thought so." Jimin smiled at him. "You look so cute when you're embarrassed, hyung. It's okay if you have my stupid notifications on."

  Yoongi looked down at his phone, still flustered. "They're not stupid." He mumbled.

  "Those videos aren't worth having notifications on for." Jimin laughed lightly.

  "Hey," Yoongi sounded more stern, which made Jimin stop laughing. "You don't realize how many people look forward to watching your videos, Jimin. You help people in a lot more ways than you think." He stated.

  Jimin gulped, thinking that he just pissed Yoongi off on his second day being here.

  "I'm sorry." He said quietly as he slowly moved away from Yoongi on the couch.

  Yoongi looked at him before he hesitantly wrapped an arm around Jimin's waist and moved him back to his original spot, earning a small yelp. "Don't be sorry, Jimin." He said.

  Jimin looked up with wide eyes at Yoongi, who was looking away from him.

  "Y-You got angry because—"

  "Because you were basically talking shit about yourself." Yoongi shook his head. "When are you going to learn that people want to watch you? They wait for your videos because they like you. If I hear you talk badly about yourself, of course it's going to make me upset."

  Jimin bit his lip as he fiddled with his shirt.

  Is he right?

  "Hyung.." He placed his head on Yoongi's shoulder and closed his eyes. "You're so nice to me. Is there a reason you like me so much?"

  He could feel the older tense up, but he didn't care. He was too curious for his own good.

  "Jiminie, I have no friends." Yoongi sighed. Jimin was surprised to hear that, considering how nice and funny he was. "And the only human interaction I ever got was years ago. I had a girlfriend in high school. I told her I just wanted to be friends, because we were. We had been friends for over ten years, and.."

  Yoongi went silent for a moment.

  The younger slid his hand over towards Yoongi's to intertwine their fingers. "And?"

  "Well," Yoongi chuckled lowly. "We were friends until I told her I thought I was gay. And the funny thing is- I didn't even know until last year for sure that I liked men. I kinda just hooked up with someone and.. Well- I won't explain how that went, but—"

  "Wait," Jimin leaned up from Yoongi's shoulder, which scared him. It made Yoongi think that he was about to go through it all again, just like his friend did to him.

  "Please don't get mad at me because I'm gay." He frowned at Jimin, who just stared at him in return. "I'm sorry. Just forget I even—"

  "Yoongi-"

  "-Let's forget this conversation." Yoongi's eyes were now wide with fear. "Please, just-"

  "Hyung! I'm gay, too! Can you stop?" Jimin furrowed his eyebrows, and then everything went quiet again. "Stop apologizing for being yourself. I'm not mad at you. That would be stupid. What the hell did that friend of yours do to you, hyung?" He frowned at him.

  Yoongi just sat there in silence.

  "What did she do to you, hyung?" He wrapped his arms around Yoongi and hugged him closely. He felt Yoongi wrap his arms around him, too. Jimin's eyes widened as he felt Yoongi hiccup under him. "Hyung.."

  He closed his eyes and held onto Yoongi tighter, as if it would be the last time they'd ever get to hold each other.

  "S-She told the whole school." Yoongi cried into Jimin's shoulder without meaning to. "They m-made fun of me. I never had friends-"

  "Shh." Jimin ran his hands through Yoongi's hair. "It's okay. You're here with me now."

  Yoongi's heart felt like it was going to explode. This was all he ever needed. "You.. You always made me feel welcomed without even knowing or meaning to." Yoongi sniffled as he backed away from Jimin's hold. "You make me and tons of other people laugh and feel like we have a purpose. If you down yourself, then.."

He wiped his tears off of his cheeks.

  "I'll never talk bad about myself ever again, hyung." Jimin said. "I promise. I realize now how much it means to you." He smiled reassuringly. "I'll never let you down."

~