Epilogue

As you all requested, here is the final touch of the story. The epilogue.

Thank you so much for loving this story, I really appreciate it. ❤️

E p i l o u g e:

It had been three months since me and Gauri have been together, in this relationship which is working pretty well, more well than I and her expected. Despite my family, except my Daadi and Rudra, having a problem, they decided to keep mine and her relationship as long as it lasted, leaving the choice to be in our own hands.

Gauri is trying her best, to take care of them and engage in a conversation with them, but she does complain how awkward it can sometimes get.

"Omkara. . ." I turned around as soon as she called my name. "Yes Gauri, what happened?"

"Everyone are waiting for us in the hall."

"Why?"

"I'm not sure."

"Okay, come. Let's see why." She nodded and the two of us walked out.

I wonder why everyone was waiting in the hall for us. The silence with them waiting had confused me. They were never this silent unless they have something important to say.

As we walked down the stairs and entered the hall, Gauri stood besides me and held my arm. I could tell she was nervous. Maybe feeling as if she disappointed the family.

"What is the matter?" I asked and Daadi walked towards me.

"I'm so disappointed." She uttered, and looked at Gauri. "As a daughter-in-law of this house, your duty is to make sure everyone is happy." She added in a stern tone.

I looked down at Gauri who curled a frown over her face and then at Daadi.

"What did she do?"

"Don't defend her Om." I looked up at Mom, who walked towards us. "She is at fault."

They all looked serious, I wonder what Gauri had done.

"But what has she done?"

"Why is that wall empty?" Mom asked, pointing towards a direction.

"What?"

"The wall. Why did she not bother asking us why it's empty." Daadi continued, agreeing with Mom.

The wall, why is Gauri in trouble for not asking about the wall.

"I'm. . . Sorry." She apologised in a low tone. I could tell she was upset and slightly worried.

"You should be." Daadi spoke and then laughed, confusing us.

"If you want our forgiveness then you have to make up for it." Mom spoke and held Gauri's hand. "Which is to take a photo with us, so we can hang our family portrait on that wall."

Right, that wall was our family portrait wall. The portrait was gone, which means they want an updated one with Gauri in it.

"Now quickly get ready both of you, we have called the photographer. He'll come and take a family picture. We took the old one down because we were missing a member." Daadi uttered and smiled at us.

I nodded and looked down at Gauri, who sighed a relief with a small smile.

**

The two walked up the stairs to get ready for the photograph.

"Are you okay?" Omkara asked Gauri and she nodded her head.

"Yes, I thought I did something wrong but I'm relieved." She replied with a small smile over her lips.

"I thought so."

The two entered their room and Gauri walked towards the wardrobe, opening it. While skimming through the clothes, she felt a chin rest on her shoulder, while two warm hands wrap around her waist.

A small gasp left her mouth due to this sudden action and she placed her hand on top of his.

"Someone might come in."

"So what?"

"We have to get ready, the photographer must be coming."

"He won't be here this soon."

She smiled and held his hand, taking it away from her stomach and turned to face him.

He placed a peck on her forehead. "We need to get ready."

"I barely get time to spend with you, you're always downstairs and I'm always at work." He complained and she scoffed.

"That's your fault then. Now isn't the right time to romance because we have something else to do."

"My fault, how?"

"You come home late at night when I'm already asleep."

"Why can't you make time out for me?"

She shrugged and he gave her a look.

"Now go and get ready."

"I don't want to."

"Okay. Let me get ready then."

"Don't want to."

She sighed and then leaned forward, placing a kiss on his cheeks and then turned, pulling out a saree. A smile curled over his lips and before he could hold onto her again, she ran into the bathroom.

He chuckled and then looked inside the wardrobe to find his clothes.

*

After a while, the two walk down and stop in front of the family while the photographer gives them their position.

"Okay, ready?" The photographer asked and everyone nodded at him.

"One. . . Two. . . Three!" He clicked the photo and the flashlight disturbed everyone's eyes, yet they stood rooted.

For the second photo, Omkara was looking at Gauri and Gauri was looking at him and for the final third photo, Gauri was covering her mouth with her hand, feeling sick while Omkara looked at her with concern.

The final flashlight blurred everything else and as the camera was focused again. Omkara and Gauri disappeared.

The End
_________

And doneeeee! Thank you so much for showering your love on all my RiKara stories. I really appreciate it! ❤️😘😘