ii | ❝ eomma's waiting ❞

"appa!"

"appa!"

seokjin beamed at the sound of the voice, all the fatigue from his day the work leaving his body. he crouched down and extended his arms as a little girl rushed into his embrace.

"areum-ah!" seokjin exclaimed as he stroked his three year old daughter's hair. "how was school?"

"amazing!" areum squealed. "my teacher even gave me a golden star, see?"

areum proudly pointed her tiny finger to her check, which adorned a golden star sticker. seokjin smiled and ruffled her hair. "that's wonderful, sweetheart!"

he made his way inside his apartment, the warm and cozy atmosphere welcoming him home. areum followed him around, chattering on about her adventures at pre school.

seokjin didn't mind. he could listen to areum talk for hours on end, faacinated by his daughter's imagination and innocence. she was his world, his light, his most beloved possession.

as seokjin returned from the bathroom, he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. he fished it out and held it to his ear, thinking that the caller might be someone from work.

"hello?"

"seokjin," a familiar voice replied.

"ah.. wheein," seokjin breathed. "is eveything okay?"

"eveything is fine," said wheein. "it's Friday today remember? you're supposed to bring areum over.."

"oh yeah, right," seokjin smacked his forehead. "i'm so caught up in work i forgot.."

wheein laughed slightly on the other end. "you haven't changed a bit, seokjin," she said. "still over working yourself, i presume?"

"no, i'm doing fine," seokjin replied, not really wanting to dwell on his work life. "i'll bring areum over now."

"alright, see you.."

ending the call, seokjin sighed and pulled on his coat. it had been a little over a year since he and wheein had separated; their marriage no longer compatible like it used to be. they had been sharing custody of areum; the little girl would spend the weekdays with her father and weekends with her mother.

areum was busy colouring her homework on the kitchen table when he came downstairs.

"areum-ah, come on, eomma's waiting!" he called his daughter.

"coming, appa!"

the weather's really great today, seokjin thought to himself as he grabbed areum's hand to walk over to wheein's place.