A sudden strike of spontaneity.

I feel butterflies start to flutter in my stomach as I hear the click of the latch on our door, which indicates my dad leaving for his night shift at his stupid job. No. actually, butterflies are a understatement. There isn't just butterflies. There's a whole god damn zoo stampeding in there!

This is it. The moment I have been anticipating for months. I sit up in my bed and swing my legs around so they are on the floor. When I get up and grab my empty backpack out of my closet, I realize I am shaking... and not subtlety.
Note to self: eat before you leave.

I stand there looking at my closet for a moment trying to think of what to pack. and realize the sooner I get out of here the better. Hand fulls of shirts and pants are shoved into the biggest pocket of the backpack, And i drop it on the floor.

Good enough.

After a lot of digging and a few boxes being dropped on my head, I finally reach the jar of money I have been saving for about two and a half months. There is $500.00 in it give or take a penny or two. It should keep me alive for a little bit. I shove the bills and change into a plastic baggie and put it in the smallest pocket of the backpack.

Forcing my black vans onto my feet and walk over to the full length mirror in the corner of my room, i glance at my hair and grab a hair tie out of my closet and pull my long brown hair into a pony tail. I look over it for a minute.

Ehhh not my best work... but I will do. And I don't have time to fuck with it anymore.

I as I grab my backpack off the floor and walk out of my bedroom I grab my navy blue North Face jacket, that was lazily thrown over my headboard and put it on. Still shaking, I grab a hand full of granola bars and a water bottle and throw them into my bag with my clothes. I walk back into the living room with my backpack slung over one shoulder. But I am stopped in my tracks and my heart drop into the pit of my stomach when I hear the keys unlocking the door, and the creaky doorknob twisting open.

Shit.