iv. the disappearance of robin

DAMNED GODS,
chapter four: the dissapearance of robin!

          OLIVIA WAYNE FELT A SHARP PAIN IN HER HEAD WHEN WAKING UP. That demonic sensation that kept every nerve in her body on fire and threatened to burn her alive. The girl regained her senses as soon as her eyes widened, though confusion washed over her as her vision clouded over and a hand forced her to lie back down. Olivia wasn't afraid at the time, because she concluded that the environment she was in was too familiar to her. But repeatedly hearing the Joker's maniacal laugh before falling into that black hole was something that haunted her even when she was unconscious. She blinked a few times, trying to sense what she wasn't seeing - to feel more familiar with her surroundings. That hand that prevented stupid movement on her part, belonged to Jason Todd - who had stood by her side since they arrived from the graduation ceremony.

          Sure, that was the miscalculation.

          Olivia didn't understand why this had gone so wrong, but she had to know what happened next. On her stretcher, she was watched by Dick, Jason, Barbara Gordon, Alfred and last but not least: Bruce Wayne. For a moment she felt slightly haunted, yet that was a good sign - she was safe and with the people she loved most. Barbara smiled at her and took her hand. She returned the smile and was pleased to see that she had emerged unscathed. What confused her most was seeing Dick Grayson there, but he just threw up his hands. "I've come to help."

          "Which we didn't need," Jason muttered, and Bruce glared at him. "What?"

          "Somehow, I agree with Jason," the millionaire replied before looking at Dick. "Whereas you can't leave Blüdhaven unprotected."

          "Damn it, Bruce, this is my sister," Grayson claimed, folding his arms. "And she received her first bullet wound at age 19. Do you think I would miss it?"

          Olivia frowned at that comment and Barbara patted her face at Grayson's stupidity. Would they give her an award for her first gunshot wound? She supposed the only thing she has earned is a visit to the infirmary and a possible scar on her shoulder - that was the achievement. The very achievement of saving an idiot who lives in the same house as her and decided to save his ass to avoid certain death. Olivia denied and looked at Alfred. "How long was I away?"

          "About six hours, Mistress Wayne," Pennyworth replied with a comforting smile. "Your wound is somewhat superficial, but you lost enough blood and we managed to get here in time for an operation," then Alfred took out a small plastic bag with a small piece of metal: the bullet. "I think you will want to keep this."

          Olivia received the small plastic bag between her fingers while her eyes watched that piece of metal that almost took her life. She thanked Alfred with a smile and he simply nodded. The blonde looked at the rest. "What happened?"