XV • GONE GIRL

fifteen. gone girl

Abandoned Building, Mystic Falls

Nadia and Rosie/Katherine have remained safely behind the four walls of a deserted, unused building somewhere in the small town. The former, who was bitten by Tyler Lockwood amidst her best attempt to escape from his mansion, is now hallucinating due to the werewolf venom in her system.

"Nadia..." Her own mother called out gently in genuine sympathy as she watches over her; the one and only cure for a lethal hybrid bite is Klaus' blood, and the Original has already moved to New Orleans, Louisiana, with his own family now that he's expecting a child with the woman he slept with. She doubts that she will make it there in time and back to cure her.

"Please, I need to know." The dying vampire is hallucinating an old memory, her eyes closed as she mentally recalls a memory from the early 1500's.

A tired sigh leaves Rosie/Katherine, "Nadia...I'm right here. I'm right here." She already knows, they both do, and she has already found her here. Now.

The lethal hybrid bite on the woman's right arm looks terrible, with the surrounding skin festering and turning black, which disgusts the mother.

"I was dreaming...of how I searched for you from village to village."

"I know. I heard you. You said that I abandoned you...You were ripped from my arms as a baby. It's completely different!" Rosie/Katherine clarified.

"Not for a child without a birth mother. At least I still had Liana." Kavanagh; her own banshee mother, who unfortunately died of a plague in 1520.

"You know...All this guilt is really taking all the fun out of this mother-daughter outing. I'm sorry Tyler bit you, but you're not going to die." The other woman, being Liana Kavanagh's doppelgänger, assured her even though she doubts that her own personal alternative for a cure will work.

"Did you ask Klaus for his blood?" Her weak daughter asked hopefully.

"Oh...my. You really are delirious!" Rosie/Katherine shakes her head in denial, "Nadia, he would love nothing more than to watch my daughter die."

"Or you could ask Elijah for help...if you're still speaking to him."

Rosie/Katherine shakes her head once again, disappointed by how that relationship turned out, "He's preoccupied with another girl now." In New Orleans, from what she's heard, the other girl being Monique Deveraux.

"...And you don't want to risk being outed..." Nadia predicted effortlessly.

"No, I don't. So, that's why I called him." Who seems to be their only hope.

Wes comes out from behind Rosie/Katherine and introduced himself as he looks down at the dying vampire, "Nice to meet you. I'm Dr. Maxfield."