Prolougue: Im sorry I failed as a son

The beginning of a new story.. I hope you like this~ I just wanted to write this kind of story, it seemed interesting to try it out~ also doesn't Zutto on the cover look so innocent and adorable? I drew him in pen then used my iPod to colour him... Anyway let the story start.

"You little nothing!"

I cried out in pain as my once dear mother grabbed me by the neck and flung me into the wall, I didn't fight back, I deserved what she was doing to me, after all, I'm a monster right?

I'm sorry mom... I'm sorry for becoming the freak that you hate so much... I'm sorry, for being me...

"It's all your fault Zutto! If you were never born everything would have been fine!"

My mom's once beautiful long scarlet hair was now matted and filled with knots as it hung messily over her face, I could smell the liquor on her breath. It hurt, not the harm that my mother was inflicting on me, but knowing that I was the one who had turned my sweet mother into this.

Her ruby eyes that used to look at me with such kindness and love, seemed to no longer exist. The only expression on my mother's face was hatred and disgust.

I'm sorry... I should have listened to you... I shouldn't have played near the abandoned factory... I shouldn't have been captured by those scientists... I shouldn't have allowed those experiments to turn me into a freak...

My vision was blurred, mostly due to the pain in my back and neck, the rest was probably caused by the warm tears of guilt that I could feel streaming down my face.

"Zutto dear I'm so sorry..."

My scarlet haired cat ears perked up at the softness of my mom's voice, it was odd to hear her sweet words. Especially after one of her moods when she beats on me, it wasn't always like this. Just over a month ago we were a loving family, she would snuggle in bed with me to chase away my bad dreams, laugh and call me her adorable little boy, always telling me that she loved me... Those days are no more...

"Mom..."

I whispered as I looked up slowly towards the scarlet haired woman I front of me and smiled slightly. No matter how much my mom beat me, I would never hate her, especially after being turned into a half cat freak and ruining her life, I deserved all the pain she wished to inflict upon me.

"Zutto... Please come here..."

My mom's voice was soft, I had missed that kind voice of hers so much. She had knelt down and her arms were open, a kind smile was played across her face. I gingerly crawled into her warm arms, it hurt to move but I didn't care, all I wanted was to be loved once again.

"It's okay Zutto.... Just sleep for a little bit..."

My mother whispered into my delicate ears, I purred slightly and felt her stiffen for a faint second. Then she began to stroke my head in a rhythmic yet soothing notion, I felt a sharp pain in my neck before my eyes closed heavily and I drifted into unconsciousness.

I awoke with a start, I could hear the sounds of cars speeding by, rain being swept out of the way by the mechanical machines on wheels. I looked around slightly startled, I was on the side of the highway, soaked to the bone, my mother nowhere in sight.

This is the story of Zutto Kura... A young sixteen year old boy abandoned by his mother on the side of a highway at the age of four, not knowing where he is, no way to get home.... The feeling of loneliness began to fill me as realization struck me; I am now alone, nobody wants me because I am a freak. The only items I had was the clothes on my back and a silver star locket wrapped around my neck...

Next chapter is where my life of sorrow truly begins...

Me: so how was this little prologue? It's actually more of a teaser so that's why it's really/extremely short hehe~ anyway please tell me what you thought and point out ANY errors and mistakes- Berry now leaves you until the next chapter~