Why Didn't I Notice?

Nathan's POV

    "Baby, come on let's go back to my place both my parents aren't home." Olivia begged. That's what it's been like for months every time her parents aren't home all she wants to do is through a party or have me come over but all she does is make out with me never gets emotionally personal with me. I'm starting to believe that she doesn't like me for me but for my body which is really strange usually in relationships it's the other way around from what I've heard. She seems to want the life of the party yet all I want is just to settle down and find someone who understands me and loves me for every one of my imperfections and believe me there is a lot. Every time I think of settling down one person's image pops into my head... Katie. I miss her like crazy and ever since I lied to her about Olivia she had been distance but once her mom died she was unreachable almost impossible. One day I heard crying from the girls bathroom during lunch and when I peaked my head in to see if I could help I found Katie in the corner bawling her eyes out and on all over her body bruises were swelling. When I tried to touch her she flinched away from my touch and covered her bloody face. I asked her on the way home who did it yet she wouldn't tell me but all she kept whispering was 'I'm scared'. Her brothers are the only others who knew about that day because fortunately they were home that weekend. I vowed that day that whoever did that to her would pay and I plan on keeping that promise.

    "Come on, please." Olivia's voice rang through my ears and brought me back from my daze. Sighing I drove her home and told her that my mom needed me home. When I was in the car one of Katie's favourite songs came on, Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran, she always said that if a guy were to sing this to her she would automatically be in love. I practiced for days on end memorizing these lyrics just so that one day I could confess my feelings to her but as soon as I kissed her I realized just how serious love was and that I needed to stop my crush before it got to far. Looks like my plan backfired because she probably hates me right now, I can see her with her vibrant personality making tons of friends in England with a tiny British accent laughing at something her new best friend told her or cuddling with her boyfriend. I just wish that was me, either position though as long as she's close.

~

    When school started on Monday I was on a mission to find Katie's new school because I needed to hear her voice, to hear her voice of treason. I need her here with me just so that I can be near her, where is she?

Katrina Maria Anderson                       
Goes By: Katie                   
Birthday: February 14th, 1996               
Previously Attended Schools: Lakeview
Elementary                            
Emergency Contact: Bryan
Anderson (Father)                   
Has recently moved to England for medical
reasons that was advised by Dr. Watt.
Signs of depression and will start treatment at
Teenage Mental Health England.               

Katrina Maria Anderson
Goes By: Kat
Birthday: February 14th, 1996
Previously Attended Schools: Lakeview
Elementary, Lakeview High, Teenage
Mental Health England
Emergency Contact: Bryan Anderson (Father)
Has been advised by previous school that she
is on anti-depressants and is required to talk
with a counsellor everyday for behaviour updates
and to notify parents for signs of relapse.

    Those are the two profiles that popped up on my screen when I searched the student history at the school. I probably wasn't allowed to view this information but I figured out the schools protection system and was able to find this. This confused me so much but what I didn't understand is why did she keep this from me? Why didn't she tell me she was depressed and needed treatment. I thought she trusted me and of all people how was she depressed every time I saw Katie or Kat or whoever she is, she was always smiling or at least never seemed depressed. My biggest question though was, why didn't I notice the difference between Katie and Kat or that my best friend hated her life.

~*~*~*~*~*
Nathan knows! What will he do confront Kat or wait? I also referenced I Miss You by Blink 182 in this chapter so you should go check it out it definitely reminds me of Nathan in this chapter. I would love if you gave me a playlist of songs that remind you of the book whether it be a character or just the plot!
Next Update: Kat may just get the surprise of her life but will it help her or cause her more pain.
Hope you like it!
bookworm