Chapter 9: Fateful Encounter

SUPRISE!!!!!
As a late christmas gift, I'm posting an early update. There might even be an early update for New Years. Who knows? ;)

Merry Late Christmas Guys

"Hey Meliodas! Do you remember me?" A strange yet familiar voice called out. "Hm?" The demon prince turned his head to see a girl with black hair. "I'm Merlin. The girl that you saved." She said with a slight blush. "Don't remember. Are you a demon?" He coldly asked in response. "No....why?" She sadly questioned.

"You seem familiar. And I spent most of my life in the demon world." He said lowly. "We did meet there." She replied with a slight blush.

"Lady Merlin is this him? The guy the goddess was searching for?" A confident voice asked from a distance. The power caused Meliodas to instinctively jump back and exert more strength. "Who are you?" The blond snarled, turning to face the voice. "The strongest at this school. Escanor." He pridefully boasted. "Maybe before but not now. Sorry Escanor but he would win easily." Merlin spoke up to make sure she was heard. Meliodas turned around again to reface Merlin when Escanor grabbed his shoulder.

"This ends when I-" Before he could finish, Meliodas slammed him face first into the ground. "That should teach you to lay hands upon me." He cackled as he placed his sole on Escanor's head. Elizabeth quickly came running after hearing the slam sound. "Escanor! Are you alright?!" She frantically asked. "Get your foot off of him!" She shouted at the young prince.

He mockingly threw his hands up and removed his foot. "What's your problem? This is your first day and yet you get into fights with two of my friends!" She complained. "I have no need to explain myself to a goddess. Now leave before I give you the same treatment I gave the others." He joked as he started talking to Merlin.

"Really Merlin? He just put Escanor in the ground and you talk to him normally. He even threatened to kill me." She asked Merlin frustrated. "It's simply not my problem. Escanor started the fight even though I warned against it. And besides, he gave you a warning right? So if he kills you, who's fault is it?" She asked with a glare. "Now we're having a conversation so please don't be rude." Merlin hissed as she faced Meliodas.

"Not even a full day here and I like you Merlin. We should hang out more. Can we continue this tomorrow?" He asked as he walked away. "Sure!" Merlin shouted back as he disappeared from sight. "What was that? You know that I loved him for years and you still try to get with him?" Elizabeth asked with her powers activating.

"Were you watching or no? If you were, you would have your answer. This is a rivalry Elizabeth. I love him for saving me and you love him for his kindness." Merlin said as she walked out the door.

"Fear not Elizabeth. I, Escanor, will put that demon in his place tomorrow." Escanor boasted, spitting blood up. "Heh. You can't even stand properly now. But thanks for the thought." She softly spoke, with a slight blush forming.

'Maybe the goddess wasn't as nice as I thought. I should have known father would never lie to me.' Meliodas thought as he walked home. He walked without a greeting which upset Zeldris but Estarossa couldn't care less.

"You just gonna walk in and not speak?" Zeldris asked furiously. "Leave." Meliodas growled in response. Zeldris tried to punch his younger brother but he was face down on the ground instantly. "Try me again and you might die." He warned as he let go and got back into his bed.

Irritated, Zeldris went to his room so he could release some stress. After about five minutes, there was a knock on the door. "Got it." Estarossa called from downstairs. "Hello?" He asked as he opened the door. "Hi, I'm Merlin. Is Meliodas home?" She asked.

"Yeah. One second. GET DOWN HERE BLONDIE!" Estarossa shouted, almost making Merlin deaf. "Call me that again and you're dead. What do you want?" Meliodas threatened as he reached the first floor. "You have a visitor." He answered as Meliodas stepped into the doorway. "Merlin right?" He asked with a smirk.

"Y-Yes. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out for a little." She nervously asked. Meliodas looked at a fake watch and joked, "I know I said let's hang later but we just stopped talking and it's almost night."

"O-Oh sorry to-" Meliodas cut her off. "BUT, I'm free. Unless you're afraid of the dark." She giggled and said, "Of course not. If I was, I wouldn't like being around you." She cooed with a genuine smile. "You have a point." He lowly chimed.

'Talking to Merlin isn't that bad. I guess goddesses really are the only race that sees everything as our fault. After all, she blamed me for both of the incidents with her friends.' The prince thought to himself.

"You got a deal Escanor. Tomorrow, we both attack Meliodas and open Elizabeth and Merlin's eyes." The fairy king happily stated. "Hmph. Just try not to get in my way too much Harlequinn." Escanor pridefully said, as they prepared for the ambush.

The next day, Merlin and Meliodas were talking while walking down the hallway. Meliodas wasn't saying much but was happy to have a friend and Merlin was happy that he was paying attention. "Meliodas. Can I talk you privately?" The giant, prideful Escanor asked. "Whatever." He answered with his usual coldness returning. "I just wanted to apologise for yesterday." He said slightly bowing his head.

'I guess he doesn't know that I sense the fairy trying to ambush me.'

Before the ambush could start, a tall guy with silver hair walked in. "Double teaming isn't cool. You should fight one on one.~" He said as if he was drunk. "Sorry for his intrusion. That's an acquintance of mine. His name's Ban. Do you forgive me?"

"I like that Ban guy but yes I forgive you." He hissed as King lunged his spear at Meliodas. "Merlin! Now!" Meliodas shouted as a perfect cube formed. "Time for some fun." He snarled with a demonic smirk plastered on his face. "King! Look-" Before Escanor could finish, King was out cold, with blood trickling from his mouth and from the huge hole in his torso. "Try not to die do soon human." Meliodas arrogantly spat as he rushed Escanor. He kicked Escanor into the roof of the perfect cube and as he fell back down, he was punched into a wall. Meliodas began to torture him by cutting him faster than the eye could see, leaving countless cuts on Escanor's body. As he went in for the kill, he stopped just short because something was in the way.

Someone.

"So. In the end, even you have limits." Meliodas spoke as he held his blade in place.

"I-I'm sorry Meliodas. I c-can't watch h-him die." Merlin cried as she stood in between the boastful Escanor and the merciless Meliodas.