Chapter 20: New Him

"You're so mean Meliodas." Diane whimpered with a pout. "I thought you were gonna kill him."

"He started it but he seemed to be your friend. So I spared him. But if you want me to kill him..." Meliodas said with his demon mark appearing. "Nooooooo!" She whined as everyone started laughing. Suddenly, an ark was formed where Meliodas was but he dodged it. Before anyone could respond, he entered assault mode and charged the attacker.

"Don't let my attitude fool you. I will kill you." He barked at the person he was holding captive. The sins rushed out and saw Meliodas holding Elizabeth to the ground and he looked furious. "What the hell are you doing?" Ban asked as he ran forward. Meliodas just sent him a glare which froze him in his tracks. "This is my fight. Stay out of it. Now, what do you want goddess?" He snapped at the frightened girl. "You're the demon that my friends were fighting! I'll never forgive you for hurting them!"

Without a reason, Meliodas began laughing as he once again left assault mode. He let her up and started talking. "I don't know if you knew, but the fight ended awhile ago. Me and the sins are friends. They even want me as the captain but I can't. I lead the commandments." He said with a joking smile. Elizabeth constantly apologised as her face became a deep shade of red. "How long until the fairy stops being racist?" He asked with a smirk. "Gonna be awhile on that one captain~" Ban answered.

"Were you listening Ban? I'm not your captain." Meliodas dryly stated with a poker face. "You will be." Diane mumbled. "I heard you." Meliodas said. "What's your name demon?" Elizabeth asked with a smile. "Meliodas. And your name?" He asked with a smirk. "Elizabeth." She said with a nod as they shook hands.

"Shouldn't we be stopping this? I thought the demon king didn't want him talking to the goddess?" Melascula asked angrily. "Doesn't matter. We got new orders to let them do as they please. And to stop anyone from interfering...for now." Deriere replied.

"Oi. Ban." Meliodas said as everyone else left. "What's up captain~" He said in response. "Something's wrong. I feel like we're being watched. Not everyone. Just me and the goddess. Any ideas?" He asked seriously. "The commandments?" Ban asked confused.

"No nevermind." Meliodas responded as he shrugged off the idea. Ban went to catch up with the other sins but Meliodas stayed behind. "Show yourself. I know you're there." He hissed as three figures appeared in front of him. "You are unfit for our princess you wretched demon. And you murdered my brother!" One of the winged men growled at Meliodas. "Sorry pal but I think you're confused. One, I don't know of any princess. Two, the only brothers that I have killed were mine." The short blonde mumbled with his bangs over his eyes.

"Liar! You killed Mael!" The long haired man shouted as he lunged forward. Meliodas put his hands up to stop the blade and it was easier than he anticipated. "Ludociel! Stop! If he truly killed Mael, how could we take him?" The three faced man asked. The attacking one suddenly withdrew his blade and backed away. "You are right Tarmiel. But me, you, and Sariel could easily take him." He boasted.

"Oh?" Meliodas snarled as he got into fighting stance with his darkness slowly covering him. Unknown to the men and Meliodas, his energy spike caused the commandments to join the fight. "Excuse our late arrival your majesty." Galand said with a bow. "Cut the royal crap. We're a team. No need to be 'respectful.'" Meliodas barked while emphasizing respectful.

Ludociel dashed forward faster than the commandments could respond and almost cut Deriere's head but Meliodas intercepted the attack. "Heh. Tough luck." He teased as he threw the goddess away so they could fight one on one. As he flew off, he shouted, "Handle the other two guys. I trust ya!" He shouted as he barrelled after the goddess.

"How did you see my attack?" Ludociel asked with a glare. "Easy. You're slow." Meliodas said bluntly with his trademark poker face. Before Ludociel could attack again, Meliodas knocked him into the ground and followed it up with a punch in the gut, which sent him further into the pit. "Now then. Explain what princess you mean and who the hell Mael is?"