Proposals... but War

For the next few days, Lilly and George spent their time walking around town and taking some time to themselves outside of the Crawley family drama. Of course, the mere presence of Lilly caused some gossip, as interracial relationships were uncommon and sometimes frowned upon. But perhaps due to Matthew's status, nobody really commented on it. After all, Lilly had won most people's hearts with the way she acted, and how she mostly kept to herself unless absolutely necessary.

Branson did sometimes come by to provide them rides when they did need to go a bit farther than Yorkshire, stating that this was the least he could do after the incident in Ripon. During this time, Lilly had finally managed to warm up to Isobel to call her mother, and they even shared some conversations relating to medicine.

Lilly was not very knowledgeable in this field, having grown up as a lady of high status, but her night activities back in Korea did not really allow her to take care of people, as if she were injured, she would have to choose to kill herself for her country.

But those days were long over, as she needed to lay low, and not put George at risk. There was a reason that she kept to the house more so than anything.

During all this time, the members of the abbey had gone up to London for Sybil's formal introduction into society.

And when they had finally arrived, the little time of peace and quiet that George and Sybil had happily and comfortably shared, ended, as the chaos and drama caught up to them as well upon the family's return.

George, Matthew, Lilly and Isobel were eating breakfast, when Isobel finally stated,

"So, what are you all going to do now that the family is back?"

Matthew sighed, and picked at his eggs, as he stated, "Keep working and looking at the paperworks in my spare time I suppose."

George finished his own meal, before rushing out, making sure to kiss his wife's cheek. Afterwards, he straightened up and said,

"I have to go up to London myself tomorrow for an important meeting, but other than that, I am free today. How about you, mother?"

Isobel merely hummed, which signified potential trouble to come with Cousin Violet, causing her two sons to grimace a little inwards. Lilly merely smiled at that and silently ate before walking after George.

As George looked in the mirror and making sure he looked alright, Lilly came up to him, still wary of Molesley's curious personality, as she stated to her husband while straightening his tie for him,

"Make sure you eat your meals, and don't crash into anyone."

George merely smiled at that, and Lilly pecked a light kiss on his cheek in return, before watching him walk out of the house to go to work. Matthew then came up, and put a hand on her shoulder and stated,

"I will make sure he doesn't make a fool of himself."

Lilly laughed lightly at that and thanked him, bidding him goodbye as her brother-in-law walked out as well.

Then she saw Molesley look at her sheepishly before rolling her eyes and stated,

"Molesley, you're going to have to get used to my presence at any time now."

The man squeaked a little and answered her with, "Of course, milady."

Lilly then turned around and headed back inside to join Isobel's side in the living room. Later in the day, Lilly got a request to be at the Abbey, and she hurried over, making sure to put on a coat and gloves on her way out.

Once she arrived, Lilly met Cousin Robert, who had a great smile on his face, as he welcomed her with,

"Oh, cousin Lilly! Welcome! We have such wonderful news!"