B1 Ch14: Entanglement

---Atonement---

There was nothing to see, only darkness. In a surrounding that was ruled by the howling wind, the endless rhythm of smashing also echoed. It should be no different than usual. However, it happened that a nearly inaudible sound somewhere appeared to be different from the rest. It rang brokenly, seemingly come and go as it pleased. And when it seemed like it finally found its way to blend with the surrounding, the broken sound suddenly stopped and never to be heard again.

Unknown time passed.

In the deepest part of the desolate area, everything appeared to be in quiet. But in fact, in a certain place that was nothing more significant compared to others, an unprecedented storm was long brewed and already escaped its shackles.

Snap...snap...snap.

With a neck twisted in an abnormal angle, a body suddenly sat down on the uneven ground. Its bent arms hanged lifelessly. On its crooked legs, partly of bones were exposed. Even the head wasn't spared and almost facing the back. All the clothing were tattered, almost naked, while its body was full of black patches and deep hideous wounds. Dried blood covered its skin and so as its hair that disheveled and looked unsightly.

It was a place where everything was supposed to be concealed, yet the scene remained ambiguously clear with a horrifying atmosphere.

Hands twisted the neck with a snap. A silver reddened pupil streamed down with blood. Twisted arms lifelessly touched the ground. Partly of rotten fleshes were missing. Mouth shouting, spouting something that could hardly understand and followed. The figure turned hysterical, yelling angrily one moment, then laughing the next second.

The obscure scenes were repeated over and over. Like an old broken videotape that occasionally turned vague and distorted.

"--won't be spare-"

"All their fault."

"Kill all--"

"--to ruin-"

"Ceno-"

"You betrayed me."

"--bring this to them."

"You won't be forgiven."

"Ceno-".

.

.

.

.

"You'll be the death of them that you wish you never been born at all."

A sudden yelp sounded as Ceno's body shook and abruptly jerked up. May it be because it was too sudden that his body was still stiff to move, he collapsed sideward onto the hard wooden floor without any resistance. Strangely, Ceno didn't show any surprise nor pain from being fallen. Contrary to what normally it should be, his eyes were wide open where pupils clearly plastered with a horrified look. He breathed in hurried, inhaling, and exhaling as if being greedy for air. Cold sweats fell from his face down to his somewhat dampened clothes.

A moment after, Ceno suddenly started to become wary. His blue eyes wandered around while his head rigidly moved. His guard instinctively tensed up, although his head remained light-headed. The surrounding gradually turned acquainted as Ceno's gaze run through the surrounding.

The place was consist of few things, appearing to be neat. On the wall, there were engraved complex markings. There were shelves, full of varied books and hides. A small table neared the window with some writing materials. Moreover, there were a couple of leafy plants that loitered. And all these things were something Ceno recognized. Something he couldn't be more accustomed to.