B1 Ch8: Foreshadow

---Atonement---

Von was startled. "Ceno I-I didn't mean it lik-"

Creak.

The big door reverberated as a few people entered the room with haste. Five Elders with calm and strict disposition came in, wearing matching gray robes with silver linings. Their gazes instantly pierced to Ceno who immediately felt some pressure weighing heavily on his body.

Ceno was pulled closer behind by Von. The pressure instantly vanished the moment he was shielded in front.

On the other hand, Von's expression became cold as he looked straight to the Elders.

"So he was already awakened. Good thing, however, there seems to be some problem, isn't there, Chief?", one of the Elder calmly said.

Ceno unconsciously clutched the robe of Von. A chill ran through his spine when he heard those probing words. Fortunately, Von's body was there to hide him or his nervous expression was long naked noticed.

Despite the elder's words, Von stayed unperturbed and plainly replied, "My son just temporarily lost himself, but he is fine now."

"Hmmm. I really wonder what could cause him to shout so frighteningly. Maybe something traumatic happened to him?...or maybe what HE himself di--"

A hand was raised, making the Elder who was trying to probe stopped his mouth from talking any further. Its head bowed down to the Elder positioned in the middle, who appeared to be the leader of the group.

"Now that the little Master has consciousness, I think now is the perfect time to thoroughly examine his current condition and see if there's an anomaly within his body.", the Head Elder downcasted his eyes. "What do you say, Chief?"

Von didn't reply. Nevertheless, after some time, him, unblocking Ceno's view already showed his approval.

Ceno was startled at first. He was very nervous. Being exposed to everyone, he felt like no one was on his side that even his father was not an exception.

However, when a hand turned Ceno to his side, facing Von, something left him a piece of hope.

"I'll stay.", Von said.

Although it was short, somewhat within those two words carried an unexplainable feeling of comfort. A feeling that was more than enough for reluctant Ceno to nodded his head.

The examination proceeded without complex process. It might not be complex, however simple, wouldn't be the word to describe the scene. Rather, it was mysterious to be more precise.

Once again, Ceno was lying on the high stone bed surrounded by people. The embedded marks on the bed started to illuminate, enveloping everything on its surface.