Satisfied

Seorin feels satisfied.

She stares at her finished work in delight as she places her pen down, a smile lifting her lips as her eyes sparkled. It was finished, it was done. She closes the book, and reaches out to grab the single, red ribbon which lied on the corner of her desk.

While keeping a cough in her throat, she delicately ties the ribbon around the book with graceful hands, gently touching it as if it was an ancient artifact belonging to a deity she found in Greek.

She turns away and coughs into her fist, making sure she was as far away from the book as possible. She'd never hear the end of it from herself if she ended up ruining it.

With a gasp, she gets up from her chair, the coughing growing louder and more violent. She manages to subdue it, but like always.. her palm ends up with a warm liquid splattered all over, slowly dripping onto the ground like tears.

She stares at the droplets on the ground with a gloomy look, and without her knowing, tears streamed down her cheeks and landed next to each droplet on the ground.

It's for the best, she says to herself in her mind. Her free hand had curled into a fist, and it trembled as she clenched her fist. Don't back away now, Seorin.

Seorin felt satisfied, because it was time.