First chapter

In well-groomed, modern and harmoniously decorated living room, by the fireplace, on the gray chair sits a man. His name is Andrey Burar. 

He is alone on New Year. He wants to be alone couse he's tired. He slowly drinks red wine, which he received as a gift from sister Olivia. It is disgusting, but drinkable. He is trying to forget everything that happened last year. He is trying to forget a friend that isn't with him tonight. There is a tear on his face. Why is he sad? Why is rich, successful and always-in-the-center-of attention man crying? He wasn't like that before. He doesn't like himself. He blames himself for death, but is he really guilty?

Let's start from the beginning, from the day when he saw a men with the red case.

14.9.2017

"I'm deadbeat. Blessed Mark. He goes to the construction site at 7am and does not return until 6. What about me? I have to babysit. Noah has a fever again .", his sister told him over the phone. 

He was always some kind of therapy to her. In fact, to everyone he knew. He doesn't talk much and he's good at listening. Sometimes he really longed for someone who would listen to him.

"Listen Olivia. I really don't have time now. Why do you always call me a minute before I leave for the office? ", he said.

That was a hypothetical question. Andrey was on the verge of a nerve, but he didn't want to be rude. He hated being late so he tried his best to end the conversation. It lasted for a while, and then Olivia went silent.  It was a great opportunity for him to escape. 

He walked out of the building with a brisk walk. He didn't look back. Suddenly an old neighbor appeared before him. She was small women. She spoke softly, always looking the listener straight in the eye, in a strange way. Some said that they felt as if she was staring at their soul.

Andrey tried to explain to her that he doesnt't have time to talk now, but Annie was persistent.

He was walking to his kia, and because of her short legs, the old lady had to ran after him.

She was talking quickly: "I don't want to burden to you, not at all, and if you don't want to do it, I won't force you, but I really need help. We need help. "

She started to stutter. She lost herself in her own thoughts, and so did Andrey. It was too late when he alerted her of the steps they were approaching. That long row of stairs between the courtyard in front of the building and the parking lot that was practically in the bowl was her downfall.

The fragile old lady was falling for a few seconds but it seemed like an eternity to Andrey.

He rushed to her aid. It didn't take him long to call the ambulance, but it took them a long time to come.

When they were finally in the parking lot, they translated Annie on a stretcher. They told Andrey that he shouldn't be afraid and that Annie would be fine. She was unconscious at the moment, but no serious injuries occurred. Then they left.

Just moments after the ambulance disappeared into the distance, a tall man dressed in black appeared. He walked towards Andrey. There was no one else near them, and he was approaching Andrey quickly. He was carrying red suitcase. His face was in the shadow that his hat made, but the glow of his eyes was visible.

Andrey quickly got in the car. He decided to bypass the man who was still approaching.  As soon as car approached him, it stopped. Andrey did not stop it, but it stood in front of the man as it had it's own mind. Andrey got out of the car and started running toward the building.

He walked into his small apartment and locked himself. He didn't want to go out, even if he was late for work. He didn't want to call the police. Why would he. The person who is now quietly and motionlessly standing at the door of his apartment didn't do anything yet. But Andrey was afraid. He was shaking without even knowing why. He was sweating. He felt the urge to scream and cry as he wasn't normal. He was sobbing quietly and silently. The suitcase man stood at the door for a while and then left.

As night fell, Andrey locked himself in the bedroom and decided to sleep over this terrible event.