Chapter 6

"Mr Burar?"

"Mr Burar, can you hear me?"

Andrey opened his eyes, quickly figuring out where he was. He was violently and painfully thrown into reality. That feeling was familiar to him. 

In the hospital bed, he looked at young nurse. The tall, dark-haired and blue-eyed nurse who looked worried, tried to let him know that "everything's all right".

"Where's Tom? Where is the person who was in the car with me?! " he quickly asked. 

While he was questioning nurse, he looked around the room he was in.

The room terrified him. It's not a hospital room like the one Annie was in. Hospital in which she was, had rooms with one glass wall. He wasn't in the hospital in which he hoped he would be. The walls were gray, with only one window illuminating barely 10 percent of the space, and the room was small and cramped. It was day. It was the noon but the white light needed to be turned on.

The young nurse ignored the question.

"You will be fine, you are a little cluttered, but there are no fractures. Of course this experience will leave trauma. It is normal."

"Tom? Where's Tom Galot ?!" he was almost screaming.

"Tom?" the nurse tried to make Andrey feel more comfortable with gently giggle. "People camping in the woods saw you driving right in the river with a car. The father of one family quickly brought you into the hospital. Do you remember it?"

"Who?" he had many questions "Please. They want to kill us! We can't stay here. Where's Tom, where are the people who camped in the woods? Are they okay? "

"Calm down, sir. You are safe now. You went through a lot and it's understandable that you're confused." she spoke calmly. "There was no one in the car with you, you were alone."

"I want to talk to the man who brought me here." Andrey panicked.

He was worried about what happened to Tom. Did those people saw the black cars that wanted to bring him to death. Could they took Tom and disappear before men saw the car in the river? Will the rescuers tell him more?

The nurse said Mr Zurbriggen is no longer at the hospital and that Andrey can't speak to him.She tried to calm Andrey for a while, but unsuccessfully. She eventually gave up. She told him that the doctor will visit him soon, and then she left.

Andrey sat motionless in bed. 

Why is the last name Zurbriggen so familiar? What happened to Tom? What about black cars? His thoughts were mixed and he couldn't think of anything longer than a second. He felt hopeless. He can't help either Tom or Annie. He can't help even himself. He doesn't know where is he. Why is he in this unfamiliar hospital, when the hospital he and Tom wanted to get to was only a few miles from the forest they were in?

It seemed to him that the room was darkening. Sounds from the hallway were slowly subsiding. Suddenly a loud and long scream was heard. One female voice and then silence. It was the same silence that followed before falling into the river. It was like someone muted the sound on a film.

Someone entered the room, but in Andrey's eyes the person was completely blurry. He could't tell who's approaching him so aggressively. He saw a tall figure with something in it's hand. Actually, person was holding something in both of it's hands. In one, it is something small, the shape of a gun, and in the other... In the other is a red suitcase.