Chapter 10 -edited-

~Alex~
 I stood there, dumbfounded at the overwhelmingly familiar smell of my uncle. It made me sick. "Alex, are you all right?" Marcus asked, getting closer. I nodded. Not saying anything, he growled. "I smell another wolf. We need to head back," he warned. I nodded again, following the motion of his head to follow him. It was getting dark already. He didn't stop until we were at his pack-house again. "I'm doubling your security." I was too tired to respond; I wished my uncle would stop using me as his play toy.
.

.

.
It had been a few days since Marcus and I smelled my uncle. After that, Marcus pushed us back toward his pack-house, dropping me off at my room with a quick goodbye. Yesterday, I spent the night alone in my thoughts, doodling on the whiteboard that I had when my vocal cords were messed up. All I wanted was to get rid of my uncle and a shot at peace. Don't worry. I realize this is selfish, but I am afraid.

Laying in the morning sun and rising from my bed, I realized my panther book was unfinished. Opening it to the last chapter, The clock read 6:15 AM, so I'm sure I had time to read.
-Panther and sexuality-

-panthers have a high level of lust hormone-

-wolves and panthers almost match in sexuality, as well as deer shifters and wolf shifters-

-panther mates gain a mind link when they mate or get bitten, experiencing a higher sensitivity than wolves-
My jaw dropped, knowing this may be why I was so sensitive to touch, remembering moaning Marcuses name. It was embarrassing........and arousing. Once done with the Panther book, my boredom peaked, so I slid the romance book out from under my bed; flipping to the first page, a piece of paper fell out immediately.

No.

'hey girl, sorry about the phone, but I think we got away with it anyway. If you need anything, slip me a note; if not, no biggie.' My heartbeat returned to normal after reading the note from Beth. Now I have to start passing notes like in grade school or the two months I was put in school before ripped out by my uncle.

Flipping the pages, I saw that the romance was about a couple so far, but I was only in chapter 2. A knock shook me out of my gaze on the page, shifting to the door. "Alex, are you awake?" a male voice said, undoubtedly Marcus.

"let her sleep," Beth whispered.

"it's 1030," Marcus hissed back.

"I'll be right out. I was reading," I assured, jumping out of bed, leaving the books a mess on top of the bed provided.

" we will be downstairs. Sophia and Avian are here," he stated. Their footsteps indicated they had left.

I throw the books under the bed, racing to assemble myself before looking in the mirror. I wore a black sweatshirt paired with some leggings and slip-on shoes. I never wore anything extra, not seeing the point. Wishing I had a phone to contact Beth, Cleo hissed Sharp. 'Is everything OK?' No response followed, worrying me a bit. Not wanting to take long, I finished my morning tasks. I almost tripped, creeping out of the room and falling to the ground.

"hey lady, are you OK?" A kid shouted, pointing at me, not moving. "lady, are you hurt?" his question grabbed my heart, but Kids always had that effect on me. My dream in another world would be to have my own.

Cleo snapped me out of my thoughts by letting out a slow whimper, standing up after another embarrassment. Before I could process anything, Marcus's scent filled the air. "Alex, are you OK?" my head snapped to him at his voice. We locked eyes as I stood up.