17.

"Ready?" Alyssa asks.

It's the day of the reunion and we're back in Capitola and it's bringing so many memories back.

This is still home to me. I miss it.

My old house is for sale. I'm sitting in the grass, staring at it.

It looks the same. It has the nice homey look.

"Melody." Alyssa says. The guys went out because I was still asleep. We're meeting them there.

"I miss it." I admit, standing up.

I love my outfit today. I'm wearing light blue short shorts that show a tiny bit of ass, which was for Mason. My shirt is gray with Piglet on the front and the sides are open and tied at the bottom. I have a gray lace crop top on under it, and I'm wearing white flip flops. My hair is up in a bun and I have black sunglasses on.

To top it off, I'm wearing a thong and you can so tell.

And these shorts make my ass look good.

Just another thing to drive Mason nuts.

I brush my butt off.

"Why don't you guys...um...move back here?" Megan asks.

I frown. "I don't think Mason wants to. I love it here...but we just got a house...and I like where we are right now."

"But yours is for sale." Lauren looks at it. "And it's in your price range."

I get in my car and they pile in.

"Why do you want us to?" I ask suspiciously.

They don't say anything.

"Are you guys moving back here?"

"Probably." Alyssa mumbles. "We're beach people. We hate the snow. This town is all of our love stories. This is our lives." She looks around.

I sigh.

"We'll all gang up on Mason." Alyssa decides. "We can convince him."

"I don't want to move back." I admit.

I turn into the familiar school parking lot.

So many familiar faces.

The windows are down a crack.

"Oh my god, do you remember Melody Jane?" a girl asks.

"That's Olivia!" Lauren says, leaning across the middle console from the back seat. "God, I'm so excited!"

Olivia Nole. Head cheerleader.

"Of course I remeer her! She was so sweet!"

"I hope she's here." Olivia says. "God, what if her and Mason are still together?"

The other girl, Madison Warson says, "That would be so cute!"

Rolling my eyes, I park and get out. The girls get out with me. I shut the door and step onto school property.

"Feels weird. I don't have a backpack." Alyssa laughs.

"It actually does." I agree. When Megan gets out, I lock the car.

People look at us, confused.

"Wait! Melody?" Francesca May cries out. I look at her and smile, waving. "Oh my god!" she runs over to me and hugs me. "How are you guys? Megan, Lauren, and Alyssa, right?"

They nod.

"Good. We're good." I smile.

I miss Mason. I haven't seen him all day and it's four thirty.

People hug us, grinning. We head inside and being to chat with Olivia Nole. People are staring between me and someone else in sadness and confusion.

"-but me and Josh are still together. I love him, but sometimes he can be a total pain in the-"

"I'D RECOGNIZE THAT HOT ASS FROM A MILE AWAY!" Mason screams over all the voices, cutting Olivia off.

I whip around. He is standing across the lunchroom with the guys. I flip him off.

People fall into silence, thinking we broke up.

I see someone point to my left hand and they look as though they are going to cry.

"Did you guys break up?" Olivia asks in horror. I'm about to tell her no, but Mason breaks into a full blown run, and he scoops me into his arms.

"That's a bad word." He pouts his lip.

"A bad gesture." I correct. "Fix your lips so I can kiss you." I order, shifting in his arms so my legs are around his waist and my arms are around his neck.

"Boss. I like it." he smiles and does as he's told and I lean in and kiss him.

"Your kissing me like you haven't seen me since high school." He says, pushing my sunglasses up on my head so he can look into my eyes.

"Well someone didn't listen to their wife." I say. "I told you to wake me up and you-"

"Wife?" Olivia gasps. "What?"

In answer, Mason and I hold up our left hands.

"Oh my god, I ship you guys! Your ship name is Melson."

"Um...okay. I don't remember you telling me to wake you up."

"I told you last night when I was coming out of the shower...remember?" I ask.

"Not really." He admits. "Were you wearing a towel yet?"

"No." I frown.

He nods, setting me down. "That's why. Don't ask me to do something when you're naked. I don't pay attention."

"That's not true." I say. Everyone is watching us with wild grins. "You have selective hearing."

"Not when your naked."

"Yes. If I told you-" I lean in and whisper in his hear. "-to fuck me, you would hear me loud and clear."

I pull away to look in his eyes and he's smirking. "Well, for that...yeah. That's different."

"You guys are still together?" someone blurts.

"Yes." I say.

Cole is staring at me. Mason clenches his jaw. Principal Jackson walks in and she looks the same.

"Hi guys." She says in a microphone.

"Let's go sit." Mason says, pulling me towards the guys.

"I know this isn't an assembly or anything but I just wanted to say congratulations to Mason Adams and Melody Jane-well, Adams. They got married a month ago."

Everyone cheers. I blush wildly and Mason grins, pulling me against him.

"There's food..." she looks around. "I don't know where. It'll be here soon. Have fun." She puts the microphone down and walks over to Mason and I.

"You two were quite the troublemakers." She says.

"That's my middle name." Mason grins.

"Was." I correct. "You aren't bad anymore."

"I could be." He says.

"But you aren't." I smile. "You're a big cheeseball now."

"I'm not!" he looks down at me and I smile, kissing his bare shoulder since he's wearing a muscle shirt.

The principal leaves and Alyssa looks around, narrows her eyes, and then grabs the microphone.

"Guys!" she whispers into it. Everyone looks at her. "This sucks. We're all legally able to drink. Let's hit the beach."

Okay guys I'm going to be honest. I still have mono and I've been stuck in the house for almost three months. I've been gong insane and I guess I just lost inspiration because I haven't been anywhere. I am going to school online and such. I was completely done writing. I had no intention on ever writing again. I changed my mind but I can't promise it's going to stay that way. If I ever don't update I either changed my mind again or I have no idea what to write.