15.

We are visiting Mason's past today. There is much more to it than he ever told Melody.

We had passionate sex last night and he's gone when I wake up because he's actually starting his business.

It's time I picked up my game too. If he's going to keep doing things like that then I need to try harder.

I cleaned the whole house and now I'm standing in the dining room in jeans and a t-shirt, looking out at the backyard as water runs in the Niagara River that is behind our house.

What do men like?

Sex? All men like sex...but our relationship can't just be about sex.

I need something else.

And then it clicks.

I grab the car keys and rush to Toys R Us and I get two Nerf Guns. One is green and orange and the other is pink and purple. I get balloon and go home. I write on a piece.

I love you to the moon and to the stars and back to your heart

I draw a little heart next to the word heart and then I blow up the balloon and put the little rolled piece of paper in there. I tie it off and get a sharpie and write pop me!

Grinning, I tape it to the spot on front of where his car goes. He'll see it for sure, plus he'll know my handwriting.

I get a piece of note book paper and write, Stop! Don't go any further! Step back and go in the front door!

I take that note and tape it to the garage door.

My phone starts ringing. I grab it and press answer.

"Hey stranger." I say, knowing it's Mason. I write out a quick note.

Hey baby,

See that Nerf gun? That's yours. I'm hiding in the house with mine. Loser makes dinner!

Love, Melly, aka peanut, aka your wife :)

P.S. I love you

"Hey peanut." He says. "I'll be home in like, five minutes, okay? I love you."

"I love you too."

I sprint cross the house after hanging up and I tape the note to the front door. I set the Nerf Gun next to the door and just as I shut it, I hear the garage door opening.

The dogs are in the backyard and I'm not worrying about the puppies getting out because Stella and Bear stop them before they can.

I grab my Nerf gun and dive in the counter cabinet.

I hear the balloon pop and I hold my breath.

I hear Mason laughing and then the sound of the front door opening.

"You're crazy, baby." He chuckles. "I'm gonna win. I hope you have dinner in mind."

I don't move.

He walks all around the house four almost a half hour.

I peek out of the cabinet and I can see the back of his head.

Slowly, I raise my gun, point, and shoot.

I shut the cabinet silently before he can spot me.

"What the fuck?" he asks. "Where the hell..."

I hear him move into the kitchen and my hand is clamped over my mouth to stop me from laughing.

I hear him swear and he walks out of the kitchen, into the little hallway next to the counter the leads to a bathroom.