You'll be fine

*four days after the accident*

Jacob's POV

"I'm so happy that you're finally out of the hospital!" I smile and hug Gravis tightly. "And the good thing with you being in a wheelchair is that we're the same height!" "I understand that!" He chuckles. "But how am I supposed to get up the stairs? I can't use my powers!" Oh, that's right... "I guess crawling isn't an option?" I laugh. "Don't worry I'm sure Skylor can help us with this!" After we get Gravis up to his suite I walk around to check that there isn't any obstacle for his wheelchair. "It's okay Jacob! Just help me get into my bed okay?" "Of course!" I gently grab his waist and shoves him into his bed, then I snuggle up with him. "How do your legs feel?" "Pretty numb, and it feels weird when I touch them and I can't move them at all..." "Have you tried standing?" "No... I was afraid of falling and banging my head into something, yeah that was kinda stupid but my head was still aching pretty bad at that time!" "Okay but... can we try it tomorrow? I'm sure Bolobo and Karlof would help!" "Sure..." "Are you worried?" "Sorta... my mother doesn't believe that we can love each other and... I'm scared okay? What if these exercises won't work?" "They will Gravis! Don't worry you'll be fine I promise!" I snuggle closer to him and kisses his cheek right where the patch is. "Feels better?" "Yes!"

*next day*

Shade's POV

"Haven't you've done enough push-ups now?" Tox asks. "Just... a few... more!" I pant. "Cmon your leg healed just a week ago!" "And that's why I need to start training as soon as possible again!" I answer and start doing sit-ups. "What I meant is that you should take it easy for a bit so you don't get injured again from training too much!" "I fell down a few stairs!" I snort. "And it was just a simple fracture!" "Are you upset about something?" "What? No... it's just that... Mommy..." Dammit! How is my girlfriend always outsmarting me? "I know Shade! But it was a long time since you cut yourself and I would want you to stick with that!" She carefully grabs my wrist, smiling over that most of the scars have started to fade. "Just talk to me if you feel like doing it again okay? And now that everyone knows you can talk to anyone you want!" "I'd rather talk to you!" I smile and kisses her. "Thanks for being my girlfriend!" "Thanks for staying alive! I'm happy that your father likes me!" "Yeah... I just hope that he really means what he says that he cares about me!" "Of course! Do you think he'd put in all this effort to get here just to neglect you again?" "I guess your right... do you know anything about Gravis?" "No... I heard that he and Jacob slept in the same bed last night!" "Right... sorry that we can't do that too!" 

"It's okay Shade! After what you've been through I can't blame you!" "Thanks for understanding! By the way, should we go and check how Gravis is doing with his exercises?" "I don't know what do you think?" "I mean... when I was hurting before I prayed that someone would even pretend to care but no one ever did... I know Gravis has his boyfriend and all the others but..." "Okay, Shade I understand! We can go!" We walk out of my suite and down to the training hall where Gravis is standing up holding on to two bars with his legs all shaking. "You're doing great Gravis!" Bolobo smiles. "If you keep on doing this you'll get better in no time!" "Thanks, Bolobo... but this is really exhausting!" "Just hold on for as long as you can!" Then a few seconds later his legs bend under him before he falls. "Are you okay honey?" "Yeah, I'm fine... It was actually easier than I thought!" "But I think that's it for the day! Me and Karlof will help you get back to your wheelchair!" After they've gotten him back me and Tox walk up to him and I ask. "So how's recovering going?" "Fine... But it feels like I almost all of the muscles in my legs have disappeared..." "It's because of the injury that hit your spine, it makes it harder for your brain to connect with your legs and it needs help to connect again!"

Gravis's POV

I honestly didn't understand what Tox just told me but I guess she knows these things because her sister is a nurse... "Well, it's lunchtime!" I smile and wheels out of the living room, getting used to the wheelchair wasn't that hard but it's kinda embarrassing that Skylor has to use MY powers to help me up the stairs! "Gravis..." Shade says putting his hair on my shoulder. "Yes?" "I just want you to know that we're here for you... if you want to talk about anything we will listen!" "Uhm... Thanks, Shade! I've already talked with Jacob about this and he has faith in me, you have that too right?" "Yes, I just... I know how it feels when you think that you can't talk with anyone about your problems! I've been there so many times!" "Sorry to hear that Shade! Do you have anyone to talk wit now?" "Yes, I have my girlfriend! I love her so much but I'm still scared that she's only pretending because she feels pity over me!" "I', sure she doesn't!" I answer. "She sounds much better than... my mother..." "What? What's wrong with her?" "See this patch?" I ask and gently put my hand on my cheek. "Yes... why?" "The reason that I have it is because she slapped me..." "WHAT? Your. Mom! Slapped you?" "Yes... she is very strict with old traditions and she doesn't like the fact that I'm in a relationship with Jacob... she called me disgusting and that people like me will burn in hell when I told her!" Suddenly, I feel Shade's arms wrapped around me with tears in his eyes. "I-it's okay! I know how it feels!"