Mending

*next day*

Gravis's POV

I wake up seeing that Jacob is gone, I guess he left soon after I fell asleep... I sit up and lifts my legs off the bed and pull my wheelchair close to me. I try to stand up with just my legs but I immediately fall down headfirst into the wheelchair. I grab the wheels and turn myself around so I can sit down. I wheel up to my wardrobe and pull out some clothes. After I've put on them I look at a pen that's laying on my nightstand. Okay, Gravis... concentrate! You've done this so many times before! I raise my hand and I can actually see that the pen is slowly lifting from the table. Okay, so I haven't lost my powers completely! I wheel out on my balcony, put my legs on the ground and grab the fence, slowly standing up. 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10... I keep on standing up for a minute before I fall down. I smile a bit at the fact that I managed to stand up longer than yesterday. I wheel out of my suite and up to the stairs. "Hey Gravis!" Skylor smiles. "Need help to get down?" "Yeah... thanks!" I answer feeling her lifting me up and down the stairs. "Hi, sweetheart!" Jacob says. Walking up to me and gives me a kiss. "Sorry I had to leave after you fell asleep!" "It's okay!" I answer. "I kinda guessed that!" I watch as Zane and Neuro place our breakfast on the table. 

Shade's POV

When I cast a closer look at Gravis I see that he seems pretty happy but I know how easy it is to fake happiness. I've been faking happiness for so long! Suddenly I see that my spoon is slowly lifting from the table and floating away. "You're getting back your powers!" Jacob cheers. "Yeah!" Gravis smiles. "Sorry Shade!" "It's okay It's okay!" I answer. "I'm glad that you seem happier than yesterday!" "So... What should we do today?" Jay asks. "Train..." Lloyd sighs. "Sleep!" Cole continues. "Ice sculpturing?" Zane suggests. "Kais gonna suck!" Jay laughs. "I heard that!" Kai growls. "Well... Tox! Can I borrow your piano?" I ask. "Sure sweetheart! I'm way better on the guitar than a piano! I don't even know why Chen put it in my room!" "We'd love to listen!" Jacob smiles. "What do you say Gravis?" "Sure! I feel like I need to relax before we start with the exercises again!" I quickly finish my breakfast and walks up to Tox's suite. I wait for the others to get up before I sit down and start playing. I don't really notice it but then I hear Tox starting to play on her guitar. "You gonna sing?" I ask. "NO!" She snaps as her face turns red. "Oh... Sorry!" I sigh. "I... Didn't mean to upset you!" "Nonono Shade! It's not your fault!" She says and hugs me from behind. "I'm... not that good at singing!" "You're amazing!" I smile. 

Jacob's POV

Does this count as an argument? Or not? They've been talking about Tox's voice for five minutes. "Uh? Guys!" Gravis frowns. "Oh! Sorry!" Shade chuckles. "But really, Tox's a great singer and listening to her always cheers me up when I'm sad!" "Aaaw sweetie!" She says. "I would sing for you every day!" "Then will you do it now?" "... How can I say no to this? We can play Remember us this way... I'm sure I have some notes for it somewhere..." As she starts looking for the notes I walk up to Shade and asks. "When did you start playing the piano?" "When I was seven!" he answers. "My dad taught me how to play and before I left our home it was the main thing that kept me calm!" "Can you sing?" "Heh... no! Listening to my raspy voice trying to sing would be a nightmare!" "Okay, hun! I found the notes!" Tox says and walks up to him. "Wanna start playing?" "Sure!" Shade starts playing and then Tox starts singing. "That Arizona sky... burning in your eyes... you look at me and babe I wanna catch on fire..." We continue to listen as the song goes on and before you know it, she's singing the last line. "When you look at me... and the whole world fades... I'll always remember us... this way..." "Wow, you guys are great!" I smile. "Heh... thanks!" 

*timeskip*

Bolobo's POV

"So you tried standing up this morning?" I ask and Gravis nods. "Yep! I managed to keep myself up a whole minute!" "Good!" Karlof says and helps him stand up with the fence. We wait until he falls down and Gravis happily looks at the timer. "One minute and ten seconds! I'm getting better each time!" "You are! And if we keep up with the exercises you'll be fully recovered soon!" "Do you have any idea how hard the exercises are when your legs aren't working?" he laughs as I help him sit down in his wheelchair again. "But my mom-mother hasn't contacted me since... you know..." The smile on his face fades and he looks down at his knees. "Gravis..." Shade sighs and kneels down to him. "I know it hurts when someone you thought would care for you in this situation doesn't! It was the same with my father!" "I-I... I just don't know why she's so hard on me..." "You might never know that! But you have to ask yourself a question, does your mom care about you?" "Y-yes?" "Then if she does! She's doing this cause she thinks she's protecting you!" He nods and smiles at Jacob again. "I know... And I'm lucky to have so many people who care about me!" "Of course! We'll always listen to you!" I say. "Hey, son!" An old man says as he walks in. "Hey, dad!" Shade smiles. "What are you doing here?" "Well... some old lady... around my age just got to the island and said that she wanted to talk to your friend!"