Chapter 7

First off, happy new year to everyone and I guess it makes sense that my first update of the new year is for the story associated with time travel. Also, while this story will mostly be from Sara's point of view, since she will be in the next few chapters of Arrow, the next few chapters of Legends will be introducing the rest of the team. I hope you guys like the lineup.

Rip Hunter was walking through the Vanishing Point, intent on once again imploring the time masters to remove Vandal Savage from history so that he wouldn't have to go rogue, but before he arrived at the time council's chambers, he overheard Time Masters Druce and Declan talking in a side chamber and while he normally wouldn't have minded, he overheard his name being spoken.

"Does Hunter suspect anything?" he heard Declan asked.

"No, Rip will play his part perfectly. The oculus has confirmed it." Druce said.

"We need to be certain." Declan said.

"I know what I'm doing Declan. The whole reason we did not expel Rip from the Time Masters when we discovered his marriage is because we knew that it would be the push he needed to do what we needed him to do." Druce said and Rip couldn't believe what he was hearing. Did this mean what he thought it would mean.

"Are you certain killing Coburn and the child was necessary. She was one of our finest." Declan said.

"Hunter broke our rules. He is now facing the consequences of that choice." Druce said and Rip couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"I'm going to check on the Oculus. We need to be certain that Savage is the world's only hope." Declan said.

"Be my guest, we already know it's true. He is the only one who can save the world from the threat that is coming." Druce said and that was the final straw. Rip now knew that the Time Masters were backing Savage and that they actually wanted him to kill his family.

With that in mind, he made his choice before heading back to the hangar.

"You're back from the meeting early captain." Gideon said as Rip entered the bridge.

"Change of plans Gideon. The Time Masters are backing Savage, they will not remove him from history. I need you to hack into the omni matrix mainframe and find anything you can on a device called the oculus." Rip said.

"Right away Captain." Gideon said.

"Well?" Rip asked after a few minutes.

"I've managed to access the time master's files on it, though not without alerting them to my presence." Gideon warned.

"Then take us to a fragmentation. I need to know what I'm dealing with before I go any further." Rip said.

"Right away Captain." Gideon said as Rip took the captain's chair and the ship jumped out of the hangar.

"Where is Captain Hunter, he called for this meeting and yet he never showed up." Druce asked, right as an alert was brought to his attention that someone had accessed the Oculus files in the Vanishing Point mainframe.

"No." Druce said, this could jeopardize their plans.

"Where is Hunter?" Declan demanded as a guard entered.

"Time Master druce, the Waverider just time jumped away. We're working on tracking it." the guard said.

"He's likely headed for a fragmentation. Send the hunters to search for him." Druce said and the guard nodded as he walked out.

"So, the Time Masters have been controlling time with this Oculus." Rip said.

"It appears so Captain. The oculus is the source of all data on the timeline. It allows the Time Masters to engineer the timeline as they see fit." Gideon said.

"That's why I was never able to save Miranda and Jonas. The time masters were preventing me from doing so." Rip said.

"What are you going to do Captain?" Gideon asked.

"If I want to save my family and stop Savage, then first we need to destroy his backup and give us free will. I'd need to destroy the oculus. But I'll need help." Rip said.

"So, shall we proceed with your plan then?" Gideon asked.

"Yes. Locate the chosen individuals." Rip said.

"Already done. All of them are located in the early 21st century. Shall I plot a course?" Gideon asked.

"Yes. Time to bring the team together." Rip said.

"Right away captain." Gideon said as she and Rip began plotting the course for several different locations in the 21st century, all of them in the same year.