Luke

As I stared out the window I wondered if my father is still alive and breathing. But mostly, I can't stop wondering how the girl next to me, Katherine, got the job to be one of my dad's workers.

"How did you get the job to be my dad's worker?" I asked her, I looked at her expression, her pink lips were pressed into a thin line, eyes focused on the road ahead of us and sweat dripping from her hairline down her forehead and cheeks. 'Why is she sweating?' I examined her for seconds at a time and realized that she got shot while trying to get me out of the house.

"You're shot." I spoke, more aloud than to myself. I shifted my body to face her, I hesitantly reached out to her bullet wound.

"Touch me and you'll get a bullet through your brain." Katherine spoke through her teeth, I pulled my hand back quickly and turned back around.

"Sorry, I was just helping." I murmured under my breathe. I stared in front of me at the long stretch of road and sighed.
I looked back over to Katherine and I saw her knee steer the wheel while she ripped her black shirt and revealed blood smeared along her side and her pale skin. She moved her hand on the wound, I heard her gasp quietly and her jaw clenched making it more prominate. To be honest, she is beautiful, her natural red hair complemented her pale skin and so did her emerald irises.
I suddenly saw her mouth moving.

"Luke!" She shouted, I shook my head and started to pay attention to her.

"Sorry what?" I asked her, Katherine groaned in frustration.

"Hold this, and do not pick it up. Understand?" She spoke sternly as she place her gun on my lap. I blushed a little how close her hand was to my, umm nevermind.

"O ok." I answered back.

"And stop blushing." Katherine added after I answered, which of course made me blush more.
I watched her every move as she placed her hand back on her wound, then began to put her fingers into the small hole. I bit my lower lip on the other side of my lip ring. I can't believe what she is doing while driving a car.
I looked at her face and it was still the same emotionless face I saw an hour ago.

Katherine dug a little deeper and blood seemed to drip more down her side to the waistline of her black jeans.
Right now, I swear I can feel the pain that she is feeling right now.
She pulled her hand back and I saw the tiny, jet black bullet covered in blood, her blood.

"Fuck." Katherine muttered under her breathe. She rolled down the window and threw the bullet out, the glass rolled back up and I looked at the side her face.

"Are you ok?" I asked her quietly, I needed to make sure she is ok, I don't like to see her hurt, it's painful to see. But Katherine still didn't answer me.
"Katherine pull over and let me help you clean that up." I told her kindly, she still didn't talk.
"Please, pull over." I begged her, she reach towards her gun but I picked it up and held it away from her. Katherine glared at me with an angry expression, the car suddenly swerved to the side swiftly. I jolted to the side and then I felt Katherine's gun get pulled out of my hand. I looked over and saw an pissed off beauty.

"Don't you ever fucking do that! You do not disobey me ever again! If you do I will throw you in the trunk and you don't want that to happen, do you?!" She yelled in my face, I just sat there, bewildered at her voice.
"Answer me Luke." Katherine gritted her pearl white teeth.

"N no." I stuttered, she sat back in her seat and ran her hand through her straight hair.

"Good, so don't fucking do that ever again." She reminded me and started to drive again. I turned my head to the window and started to close my eyes.
I just need a fucking break from this.