Katherine

I sat up in bed and stared at the door. I want to be out, I want to see how Luke is doing. My job is to protect him and he still got shot.

"You ok Kat?" I snapped my head to my left and saw Michael sitting in a chair. I nodded and then relaxed a little.

"So I heard that you slapped Liam." He scooted closer, I'm guessing because he wants to know why.

"Yeah." I answered back blankly, Michael sat on the end of my bed and look at me.
"I slammed him because he was disrespecting the boss's son, and it's not his job to do that." I lied, that isn't the reason I slammed Liam.

"You're a terrible lier Katherine." Michael chuckled and I groaned.

"I slammed Liam, because he wasn't standing guard like he should be doing." I said in a more professional way, but Michael's face became hard and emotionless.

"You have feelings for him don't you?" He asked me seriously.

"For who?" I replied crossing my arms.

"Luke, the boss's son, your boss's son." He pressed as he stood up and paced the floor.
Michael is right, I do care about Luke, but I would never put my emotions first.

"Yeah, but my job comes first Mikey, and he, Luke, and I are never ever going to happen." I informed Clifford the Big Red Dog, he stopped and looked at me.

"It better not, or you'll probably get killed." Michael told me and I stood up out of bed.

"You don't think I fucking know that." I growled at him and he started to walk out of the room. I sighed and put my head in my hand, I hit my forehead once and then stood up. I walked towards the mirror, I took of my shirt and my sweats and looked at myself. I stared at the bandages and I started to rip that one on my chest, I unwrapped the guise and looked at the bullet hole in my side, the old one and the new.
I lightly touched the most recent one and I couldn't feel anything, well, I made myself not feel anything. I reached my hand towards my thigh and grazed my fingers against the dollar coin sized hole, again, I made myself not feel anything.
Someone knocked on my door and I went over to my dresser and pulled out pants and a t-shirt.

"Yeah, what is it?" I asked whoever it was, I heard them enter the room.

"Umm, should I go?" Luke questioned, I turned around and his long figure stood in front of the door.

"No, you can come in." I don't mind him seeing me almost naked, I don't have feeling for him, I don't have feeling for him.

"Oh ok. How are you feeling?" He walked towards me a little as I pulled on my shirt.

"Much better." I replied plainly, I grabbed the gun on my night stand and stuffed it behind my back. I walked towards the door but someone grabbed my arm.

"Katherine, stop, you have to rest, 4 days isn't long enough." Luke informed me, I tried to get out of his grip but Luke didn't let go.

"Luke get off of me." I said sternly to him but Luke seems unfazed.

"No, I'm not letting you out there while you're still healing!" He raised his voice, I kicked him in the gut and he crippled onto the bed.

"Don't you ever tell me what to do and don't ever raise your voice at me! You got that blondie?" I yelled at him as he groaned. I turned around and started to walk out the door. I swung open the wooden doors and walked down the hall.

"Kat, get back in bed." Liam walked behind me, but I didn't stop. I'm fine, perfectly fine.

"I'm fine."

"I said get back in bed Katherine!" He grabbed my bicep and I swung fist at him, punching him right in the jaw.

"I'm fine!" I screamed again, Liam looked at me in shock and I yanked back my hands.
"I said I'm fine." I muttered lowly before turning around and walking away.

"Hey, Katherine wait up!" Ashton, one of the other body guards.

"What?" I snapped coldly at him. Ashton stopped and looked a little hurt, whatever I'm in a fucking mood.

"The boss told me to tell you that he would like you to escort Luke to a party that he is throwing in order to make a deal with a neighboring dealer." He stuffed his hands in his jean pockets.

"Ok, what time?" I crossed my arms over each other, he checked his phone.

"In about 2 hours." He bluntly spoke, I sighed deeply and I started to walk to the rest of the crew.
"Kat!" I turned around swiftly to see Ashton walking up to me. "My mum picked something out for you, I think you'll like it." He smiled one of his goofy smiles and gave me a thumbs up, I return a smile and a thumbs up.

As I walked to my room I looked to see that half of the men working for my boss are piled in front of the door.

"While Liam, Ashton, Michael, the boss's son and I are out to make sure everything is secure at the party tonight, I want all of you to have your eyes peeled and your ears opened, we don't want another problem like last time do we?" I strictly informed them, they all shook their head.
"Good, now go back to your positions men." I dismissed them as I walked through the doors and closed them behind me.
I didn't see anyone in here and I sighed with relief.
I gazed at the black material that is layed neatly on my bed, I went over to see a dress, the one that Ashton told me his mother picked out.

"Let's get ready shall we?" I asked myself.