↬ Chapter 2 ↫

Sorry for any grammar mistakes!!

Suga's POV

I shut my locker close, and catch up with Asahi and Daichi as we walk out of school, glad that another day has ended and that the weekend was tomorrow.

"I can't wait for the inter-high pleminiaries," I say, even though I don't play as often as I used to. "Me too," Daichi agreed and huddled us close. "Our team is doing well in training. We need to keep focus."

"Kageyama and Hinata are getting along well," Asahi says. "And so is our team. I just hope that we'll be okay for the inter-high preliminaries otherwise we'll lose and that wouldn't be good because all our hard work would be wasted."

Daichi and I reel back in disgust and I yell "NEGATIVE GOATEE!"

Asahi shakes in fear. "I'm sorry!! I didn't mean to be negative!"
Daichi just shakes his head.
"Negativity, BEGONE!" I say and chop Asahi's side. He cries out in pain.

"We don't need your negativity before the inter-high preliminaries, Asahi," Daichi says and glares at the Jesus-like 3rd Year. "We are going to do our very best, as a team."

I nod and Asahi just smiles weakly, clutching his side. We continue walking, talking about our last lesson of the day and volleyball, which Asahi chooses his words carefully.

I reach the train station and wave Asahi and Daichi goodbye. I look at the crowd of students and spot (Y/n). I go over to her and tap her shoulder.

She looks up in surprise, smiles when she recognised me and took out her earphones. "Oh, hey Sugawara-san," she says. "Hi (L/n)-san, I didn't know you caught the train." I reply, before realising how stupid that sounded.

"Well, of course I didn't know you caught the train to and from school, we only met today," I quickly say. (Y/n) laughs. "It's okay. Now that you know I catch the train, we can go together," she replies. My cheeks go pink. "That would be great," I reply. She smiles, her cheeks tinted pink too.

"What class did you end with today?" I ask. "I ended with English. How about you?" She replies, adjusting the (f/c) scarf around her neck. "Oh nice. I had History," I answer as the train arrives at the station. "Ooh, I wish I chose history to do this year," she says and sighs.

The crowd of students enter the train and take seats. (Y/n) slumps down on a seat next to mine and places her school bag on her lap. I put mine on the floor. "History is fun, but can get boring," I say. She nods and yawns. "Sorry, I'm just tired from today." "Me too," I reply.

We sit in an awkward silence.

"Are you in the Art Club at Karasuno? I mean, your artwork is really good," I ask. She nods again. "Thank you. I'm the vice captain of the Art Club. Joined since I came to Karasuno," She says proudly.

"How about you? Are you in any clubs?"

"Yes, I'm on the boy's volleyball team," I reply.
Her eyes light up and sparkle. I notice that she does that when she hears or says something interesting.

"Oh cool! My brother plays volleyball too! What's your jersey number? What position do you play?" She quickly asks. I laugh. "I'm number 2, so the vice captain and I'm a setter," I say. "Oh that's awesome! My brother plays as a setter too and he's number 9!" She exclaims.

This side of (Y/n) was different. Not shy, but more bubbly, enthusiastic and excited.

(Y/n) then laughs awkwardly and scratches the back of her head, her face heating up with embarrassment. "Sorry, I went overboard," She says. I give her a lopsided grin. "No, it's okay. That's amazing that your brother plays volleyball," I answer, hoping to make her feel less embarrassed. "Thanks Sugawara-san," she smiles gently and my heart beats a little faster.