1: George Stinney Jr.

George Stinney Jr.

I was fourteen years old back then year 1944 when I faced inequalities, wrong accusation, sufferings, and death.

"No! That's not true, I didn't kill those girls. I swear!" I defended but my words landed on the deaf ears. My parents and sister wasn't here to defend me.

The white police officers of United States take me away from our home, from my parents.

The trial started. I roamed my eyes around to see my parents but I guess, they've been prohibited inside the court even the other black Americans. I was holding the holy bible and tried to make my self calm in front of white juries and white people inside the court. I'm with God. He will never leave me alone and I'll get through with this, with Him. I'll hold His hand 'til the end.

"Why did you kill those two girls?" A man in front of me said.

"I didn't kill them. Their bodies only found near our house. I'm innocent!"

For the nth time, I defended myself even though they won't hear my truths and will believe their lies. In the end, I just take the accusation and faced the consequence. I said what they have told me. I killed those two while girls and raped the older one.

The trial ended just in two hours. My whole life destroyed as I heard what the judge said. I was sentenced guilty and death is along my way. Until my last time here the court, I didn't see my parents. God may guard them.

I spent 81 days in prison.

Without seeing my parents.

I was alone, without anyone who can talk with but only one God.

I didn't resent Him but I ask forgiveness for those white people.

Then the day comes. The police officer ushered me to the room where I will be executed and forced me to sit on a five feet and one inch chair with a bible on it. My whole body were restrained.
"Five-thousand three-hundred eighty volts is enough to kill that boy," a man wearing a police uniform said.

For the last time, I saw my father to gave his last word.

"Any last word to your beloved family?" Police officer asked

I shook my head and was about to cry. I tried to hold my tears until father left the execution room. Deep breathes and whimpering is the only thing I can do to lessen my nervousness. I burst in tears as the officer pulled the straps and placed the mask on my head.

I groaned in pain as I feel the strong electricity. My saliva were dripping along with my tears of suffering. After almost eight minutes, my body get weaker and feel nothing at all.

Seventy years had passed, year 2014. I smiled at the jury returned the verdict as, "GEORGE STINNEY JR., NOT GUILTY!"

My hymn finally heard and my death will become a history. Thanks to those lawyers and activist who investigated and proved my innocence. I left the court with a smile and my soul will now rest in peace. I let the shinning light coming above to take my soul to heavenly father.