Blame It On The Mistletoe - Marichat

Marinette's P.O.V

I looked outside my bedroom window as the snow began to fall, the night sky turning into dark grey clouds.

It was the night before Christmas Eve and I just finished helping my parents with some Christmas orders, considering it's the most busiest time of the year for the bakery. 

I started getting ready for bed and changed into some warm grey sweatpants and a red cozy sweater so I'd keep myself warm for the night.

I also took out my pigtails and let my hair flow on its own so it wasn't going to be all clumped in the morning.

A yawn escaped from my lips, but not before I heard a tap on my trap door above my bed.

Chat Noir? What could he possibly be doing at this time of night, especially in the cold.

I raised an eyebrow and called out to him quietly, "It's open!" I said as he opened it up and peaked his head through the door.

I giggled "Hey Chat!" I said as he grinned and plopped down from my bed to my floor.

"Hi Princess" he said as he walked over to me.

"What are you doing here at this time of night? And especially in this weather as well" I ask him, slight concern running over my voice as he shivered.

He must be freezing!

Chat shrugged with a smile "I just wanted to come see you, wish you a Merry Christmas" he responded.

"Oh... I see. Well, Merry Christmas to you too Chaton" I said with a returning smile.

I spoke once again "Chat you look like you're freezing. Let me get you a blanket" I said as I felt his leather suit which felt colder than the snow outside.

"Oh, no it's okay Princess, I'm fi-" he started but I cut him off, grabbing a blanket from my cabinet and wrapping it around him.

"Shoosh! You're colder than ice Chat Noir" I mention as I make sure the blanket is fully wrapped around his cold-self.

He let off a chuckle and soft smile "Thank you Marinette" he said with a gentle tone.

I smiled back and then spoke again "Did you need anything? Maybe a hot chocolate? Or some Eggnog? Or maybe some cookies?" I ask him.

He shrugs "I'm not really fussed Princess" he said.

I sigh "Mmm... I'm gonna get a hot chocolate for you okay?" I say with a warm smile as I begin heading down stairs.

"Princess it's okay I-"

"Chat-" I say and walk up to him, looking at him directly in the eyes.

"I'm getting you that hot chocolate weather you like it or not" I say with a grin and then walk down stairs before he could say anything.

***

Once I finished making the two hot chocolates very  quietly, considering my parents were probably asleep, I headed back up stairs to my bedroom. 

I smiled as I walked in and was about to say something but then stopped in my tracks as I noticed Chat sitting on my chair, his head sunken.

He let off a large sigh and ran his fingers through his blonde hair.

He looked... sad. 

My smile disappeared and I walked over "Chat?" I spoke.

He quickly looked up and seemed to wipe his cheeks, standing up from his sitting position on my chair, "Um y-yes Princess?"