1

Mark was a guy who believes in everything. He believes in mermaids, aliens, faries, and other superstitions, especially demons. When he was a kid, he would ask his mom or dad to check under his bed if there are any monsters or demons, until now. He is now 20 years old but still checks the corners of his house, especially under his bed. He moved out when he was 19 because his parents wanted him to be independent, and as a rich family, they bought a house for Mark, but it's an old house, only made a few renovations.

A year ago, a few months when he moved in to the house, he didn't noticed something strange on the place, he was just terrified at the creepy back stories from the neighborhood, they said that there was a demon on the house where Mark lived now, he usually stays on his room, the new chosen room of Mark and he kills the people who will choose his room as theirs. He was scared, but he always shrugged it off because he thought that all of those stories were fake, but he stil feel the creeps on their words.

"Man, I wonder if those stories were true..... This house looks creepy though." Mark said to himself, he was sitting on the couch watching movies. There's nothing strange at first, until the lights started flickering. He stood frozen, really scared of what happened, a few seconds later, the lights went back to normal. "That was scary....." He then sat back down and continued to watch the movie.

As he closed his eyes the voices of the characters changed, then the TV went off. That made Mark feel terrified, first the lights then the TV. "Oh my God....." He remembered the story his neighbors told him, the demon.

The lights suddenly turned off, all of them from the front porch to the basement. He forced himself to think that it was just a blackout or something so he just slowly walked towards his room, and he forgot who the hell lived there.

He tried to fnd his charger since his battery was running low but it's too dark and the light of his phone isn't enough, the worse is the signal disappeared. "Damn this house." He murmured.

The lights still didn't went back to normal, only sounds that he can hear are the birds from the outside and the branches of the trees, then footsteps. He kept his mouth shut, maybe a psychopath just broke in.

He can now feel the chills on his spine, the room was getting cold and he can feel that someone was watching him. He covered himself with his blanket but the cold and eerie feeling was still there.

Mark then heard whispers, whispers that he couldn't understand.

"I was just hallucinating, I was just hallucinating that's all...." Mark whispered, then the voice stopped.

Mark forced himself to sleep, and then he succeeded.

He suddenly woke up when he felt his blanket being pulled down, he checked his clock and it's 3 am, what a creepy time to wake up. He looked around his room and caught something scary, there were two red glowing lights outside his room, the door was open.

"What's that?" He asked as he stared at the red thing, then he heard a deep creepy voice from the light.

"Hey there, new one."

Mark immediately closed his eyes, also cried.

God, please help me.....

"No one will help you little one." He cried harder as he heard the voice was getting closer to him, the air went colder and colder.

"Stay away you freaking psychopath!" He screamed, eyes still shut tight.

A few prayers Mark had recited, the voice disappeared and the lights went back on, but as he looked at the opened door, he saw a shadow walking away from his room, a tall one. "Thank you God, thank you." Mark cried while looking up, he doesn't want to die, I mean, who on earth would want to die?

"Man I'm hungry." Mark mumbled as he got up on his bed, then he realized that the shadow went to the living room. So he had no choice but to stay in bed and wait for the sunrise to appear.

"Maybe this is the place where I'll die from a heart attack."