𝖝𝖛. Split Loyalties

◤ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓: ❛ split loyalties ❜ ◢

          THERE WAS STILL A PIT IN HER STOMACH EVEN AFTER AN HOUR HER CONVERSATION WITH HAYLEY HAD ENDED. It was deep within in her, the guilt and the worry that something would go wrong, but she had already decided that Hayley was her friend and therefore she was going to help her with anything that would be the right choice for her.

She didn't want to think of how it could all go wrong, or how Hayley could end up dead or tortured, but the thought still continued to cross her mind and consume her. She was utterly overwhelmed by the possibility that she was sending Hayley to her death when trying to help her reclaim her life and live. To save herself from the fate that Klaus could have waiting for after she gave birth.

This was for Hayley, this was what Hayley wanted for a chance to save herself, and Marisol wasn't going to be the one guarding her from living after a meeting with the Mikaelsons. So she gave Hayley the name of the store she needed and witch to talk to who would keep it on the low even if she couldn't go there to be with Hayley when she got it or go and get some herself.

That would be suspicious, and currently she was helping the Original hybrid himself take over the city so the last thing she needed was suspicion from her good old friend that she was betraying. If one of the vampires heard her asking for wolfsbane, that could be indicative that she herself was a wolf hiding in sheep's clothes (which, to be fair, she was), and then Marcel wouldn't be all too trusting of her anymore.

No, that wouldn't be good at all, so she had to let Hayley go alone, but at least she had given Hayley safe information. She could have comfort knowing that.

She entered the small café, looking around before seeing her friend who she was trying to betray, not that he knew of course, smiling at him before taking a seat. "Mars," Marcel greeted her once she sat down, "I didn't see you at the party last night."

Marisol raised an eyebrow. "You mean your little feast for your night crawlers to try and earn a daylight ring? Yeah, no thanks. Don't want them getting any ideas with me."

"You know I'd never let any of them hurt you," he told her honestly, that little bit of Marcel charm and smirk in his voice as he looked at her, only that hint of compassion towards her.

"I know," she nodded, assuring him as she felt a little bit of internal turmoil going on inside her as she realized that he didn't want to harm her and yet here she was helping his enemy harm him. God, when had her life come to this? "But you can't control mistakes."

Marcel stared at her. "You're on my list of people who are off limits. They know that and they sure as hell know your face and now what would happen if they attacked you."