Tricking Hermione Granger

VICIOUS INTENTIONS AND ARDENT DESIRES

by: tweety-src-clt9

Tricking Hermione Granger

Hermione woke up feeling a masculine body draped around her. Lean legs, a chiseled chest, and a pair of strong muscular arms were cuddling her petite frame. She started to panic fearing that she went home with a random stranger since the last thing she could remember was being at the club. When she smelt the familiar scent of her best friend, Harry, she relaxed. She moved his arms away from her and he shifted to his side. Taking that as an opportunity to get away from his warm body, she slowly moved to sit on the mattress. She groaned in pain. Her head is throbbing like crazy as if it had been hit by a bludger many times.

"Ow!" She massaged her forehead. Another bloody hangover! I really need to get over this whole betrayal from Ron, she mused.

"Mione," she turned to Harry and blushed since he moaned her name in his sleep. His arm groped around the mattress as if to look for her, which made her heart race. She mentally chastised herself because she shouldn't fall for her best friend. She had already been there and done that. Twice. First with Harry during her fourth year, but she gave up on him the summer before their sixth year and then turned her affections to Ron because it was so obvious that she didn't stand a chance in capturing Harry Potter's heart. Besides, if she got together with Harry and he cheated on her the way Ron did, she was certain that she couldn't take it.

It was better this way - that they were just friends. After all, if he didn't notice her back at Hogwarts, all the more that he wouldn't now. Harry James Potter was the most desirable wizard in the world. He could have any woman he wanted. So obviously, she didn't stand a chance. She wouldn't risk her heart in something that she was certain she would lose.

Deep in thought, she didn't notice that Harry's emerald green eyes already fluttered open. He was looking at her from his position on her bed.

"Er, morning, Harry," she gave him a shy smile.

"Good morning, beautiful," there was a wistful tone in his voice that made her feel flustered.

"Er, sorry?"

Harry's eyes widened and he seemed to snap out of his dazed state. He groggily sat up on the bed as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"I – er, I mean, it's, er, a good beautiful morning with the sun shining," he gestured to the window.

"Oh..."

"Right, so do you need me to get you a hangover potion?" His question made her cheeks heat up. This was so embarrassing. It had been six weeks since Ron's scandal and she had been sorely dependent on Harry to help her in picking up the pieces of her broken heart.

"Yes, please. Thank you," she muttered while glancing away.

"Hey! No need to feel shy, it's alright," he reached out to hold her chin so she could face him.

"I – thank you, Harry. For always being here," she looked into his eyes.

"Of course. You're my best friend," he said with a lopsided grin. As her heart pounded wildly in her chest, she felt the need to escape.

"Er, I got to go to the loo," she excused herself.

"I'll have your dose of hangover potion by your nightstand. It will be ready after your shower," he teased. She felt self-conscious so she raised the hem of her jacket and sniffed herself which made him laugh.

"You're a prat, Harry!" She hit his chest and he exaggerated the pain he felt.

"I'm just kidding, 'Mione. You smell great," he playfully winked which made her huff.