Destroying Ron Weasley

VICIOUS INTENTIONS AND ARDENT DESIRES

by: tweety-src-clt9

Destroying Ron Weasley

Ronald Weasley was the first one to arrive at the Quidditch locker rooms of the Chudley Cannons. In two hours, his team would be playing against Bulgaria for the qualifying rounds. This was a very important game for him because he would be playing against Viktor Krum, the seeker who used to make him so jealous because the Bulgarian seeker was Hermione's first boyfriend. Now, he had the girl and he bloody wanted to show Viktor that his team would win this match. It was his bloody ego on the line here.

With a personal vendetta to settle, he woke up early so he could arrive at the German Stadium three hours before the game. He was very much in the zone this morning. This was the game that would catapult Ron Weasley as a living legend in the world of professional Quidditch.

He was bloody excited because this was the biggest game of his professional career as the first string keeper for his most beloved team. This was the third qualifying match of the Cannons and if they would win, it would grant them a slot in the quarter-finals of the European Quidditch Cup. To qualify, a team should score three victories amongst all the competing ones to earn a highly coveted spot. Should his team win this, then they would be participating in the European Cup. It would be the Chudley Cannons first time to do so in over fifty years.

He knew that he played a pivotal role in the winning streak of the Cannons ever since he signed a five-year contract with them. Since the team always had a weak keeper and seeker lineup, when he got contracted along with Alfredi Castiglione of Italy who served as the first seeker, the team's losing dynamics shifted to slow and steady victories. And now, they all found themselves participating in the qualifying rounds for the European Cup. Before he and Castiglione signed with the Cannons, the team would immediately get eliminated after getting defeated in the first match. But now, should they win against Bulgaria, then he was certain that he and Castiglione would be considered as the new heroes of European Quidditch.

As a young wizard, he was honestly obsessed with the Chudley Cannons even if they weren't the winning team. Something about the fighting spirit of the players and the orange color of their uniforms resonated with him. So, it had been his wildest dream to be a part of the team so that he could play a significant role in changing their losing streak. Now, after all these years and the trials he faced with his best friends during the war, he couldn't believe that he was finally living the dream. He was thriving in the career he had always set his heart on, he had Hermione Granger who he considered as the love of his life, and lastly, his parents had now acknowledged his accomplishments. He was no longer in the shadow of his siblings and his best mate, the hero of the wizarding world, Harry Potter.

Opening his designated locker inscribed with the name 'R. Weasley', he grinned as he saw the mystery energy drink that some supporter of his had been gifting to him for more than a month now. He loved this drink because it relaxed him and he could feel a boost of energy every single time he consumed one bottle before a game. He never told anyone about this mysterious drink because he reckoned that if Hermione found out, she would be so mad at him because she would consider this as cheating. He loved Hermione very much, but sometimes, she was just so by the book and was such a huge stickler for rules.

He honestly adored this mystery drink because ever since he started taking it, he no longer felt pre-game jitters. He shivered in embarrassment as he recalled his pre-game horrors during his Hogwarts days. Whoever kept on sending him this drink, he was very grateful to them. The drink would have been perfect if only there was no unexpected side-effect. Ironically, the only side-effect he had encountered after he started drinking these drinks was the fact that he had been haunted by erotic dreams that feature Pansy Parkinson of all people.