This apartment is really empty

The week dragged on, it was as though someone had tied a block of cement around time and thrown it in the ocean. Time stood still, well it didn't of course. But it felt as though it was. I did not see Sophia all week, but I had Friday and Saturday off and decided maybe texting her would be a good way to start our project. We had till Monday to hand in said paper. Then we had to do chapter two and possibly chapter three's notes.

         I know for a fact I had no project with her after that for a while. But I'm not going to write about that until we get there. You know, as I'm writing this book, I'm looking around my house, and I noticed that my house is pretty empty as well. It kind of makes this chapter totally ironic. Anyway, I just thought that I should have mentioned that, it kind of makes me chuckle but makes me want to cry as well. Back to the story though.

         I found myself looking around for her in each of my classes. My eyes could see color and although I now knew what everyone in the class looked life, I didn't find myself attracted to any of the most beautiful people in any of my classes. There were so many people in my classes. Tall and busty blondes. Short and tiny red heads, with cute freckles and kind eyes. Brunettes with cold eyes and full lips. Boys with muscles in all the right places. Cute surfer hair and slightly off white teeth. None of it mattered to me. They weren't five foot two, with beautiful warm brown eyes and long luxurious mocha curls. No one could compare to those cute pouty pink lips and perfectly shaped arched brows.

         My breathe came out in a rush as I gathered my stuff into my arms and looked at the classroom in sadness. *Why wasn't she here?* I thought, my pride was crushed. I was basically obsessing over her and she hadn't even been in my classes all week, except Monday. I didn't know how I was going to survive this school year, especially when my soul mate didn't even share the same classes as me. Well that's a damn lie. She shares one class with me. One whole class, pretty much three hours of bliss. I hadn't even texted her, barely talked to her, had only known her for three hours and already I was head over heels for her.

         I was sure that it was because I now had the ability to see in color. But for some reason, my heart said get to know her better and you will find, it's more than just color. My heart told me, that besides the soul mate bit, Sophia was very special and would be essential to my life. I had no choice but to believe my poor heart. Little did I know, how true my heart was? Sophia was special, in fact she was everything.That aside, I didn't even know that at the time.

         My eyes felt a bit hooded as I slid into my car. The new chevy malibu was small and couldn't fit a mattress in the back without sticking out a good two or three feet. But it was my car, that I had earned with my own money and it could help me in pretty stressful times. I had even slept in this car before. Of course, I had had no other choice and it was perfectly fine with me. My malibu was dark blue and had chrome accessories.It had AC for the summer, a heater for winter, the brakes worked, the stereo worked and it could get me from point A to point B safely.

         My car aside, I drove home and glanced around before parking my Chevy and locking it as I headed to my apartment complex. I lived in a studio apartment and I had no room mates. It cost me, maybe 300 every month to keep the apartment and that was the greatest steal I had ever grabbed. My apartment was pretty nicely kept. I had a bed, a dresser, a bathroom with a toothbrush and you know other toiletries. I had a kitchen with a tiny kitchen set of pots and pans, I'd gotten for a good price at the local goodwill. I had paper plates, paper cups, plastic kitchen wear that I used, and had for months since I didn't eat and use way too much of my supplies.

         There really wasn't that much too my apartment. I didn't keep a lot, I guess it was so I could move out at any time if I had to. Or maybe it was because I wanted to keep things clean. But I ate on the floor, with paper and plastic utensils. I usually slept on my couch, just because it was comfortable and my bed was cozy, but I fell asleep watching ridiculous movies every night. Well, that's a bit of a lie, I also had to study sometimes, pull a few all nighters every month. Sometimes a few times a week. Depending on the amount of work I got during school, that's what decided where I would sleep that night.