Chapter 4: Ting Ting

I walked alongside Frodo and Gandalf with a pack of supplies while Sam clanked behind us with easily much more stuff than he would need. I gripped Frodo’s arm in my hand as we walked into the forest. 

“Come along, Samwise. Keep up!” Gandalf shouted behind him. Samwise started to run and the clanking of pots and pans had gotten louder. 

“Be careful, you three. The enemy has many spies in his service. Bird, Beasts.” Gandalf paused and looked down at Frodo. “Is it safe?” Frodo clutched his chest and the grey wizard kneeled down to him. “Never put it on for the agents of the Dark Lord will be drawn to its power. Always remember, Frodo, the Ring is trying to get back to its Master. It wants to be found.” 

“Don’t worry, Mr Gandalf sir. I’ll look after him.” I assured him. 

A mischevious glint in his eyes as the Grey Wizard took a look at both of us. “I’m sure you will.” I could feel my cheeks start to heat up while Frodo’s cheeks started to dust pink at Gandalf’s words. Gandald mouted his horse and rode into the distance. 

Frodo looks in the direction he had gone. I knew how much Gandalf the Grey meant to him. He was like a member of the Baggins family. An honorary member at that, but still a member. 

“He’ll be fine, Frodo. He’s Gandalf the Grey afterall.” I reassured him. 

He nodded and we set off in our direction. We walked scross fields, strolled past a farmhouse, hiked past a waterfall, and trekked over a hill. We reached a cornfield with a scarecrow in it. 

“This is it.” Same said. 

Frodo and I turned to face him to see he had stopped completely. “This is what?” 

“If I take one more step, it’ll be the farthest away from home I’ve ever been.” Sam explained. 

I walked up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. “That’s the adventure of it all, isn’t it?” 

Frodo walked towards his best frien and gardener. “Come on, Sam.” Sam hesitated and took a step. Frodo patted him on the back. “Remember what Bilbo used to say. ‘Its a dangerous business-.” 

“‘Going out your door. You step onto the road and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.’” I finished. 

And we continued on a journey before coming to a woodland.  The three of us agreed to set up camp for the night. Sam got out a pot and started cooking a fried dinner while smoking his pipe. Frodo was relaxing in a tree. And I was resting against the trunk of a tree sketching Frodo as he was. 

“Sam! [Y/N].” Frodo sat up in his tree. 

I turned to him. “What is it?” 

“Do you hear that? The music?” he asked. 

I turned to Sam who nodded. “Wood elves!” the three of us run up the hill and peer over a fallen tree trunk to see many elves walking on foot or riding on horseback. 

“They’re leaving Middle Earth.” Sam started. 

“Never to return.” Frodo finished.

“I don’t know why… but it makes me sad.” I commented. Sam nodded in agreement. 

After watching the elves stroll by, we made our way back to our camp and had dinner before we all found a spot and went to bed. I was sleeping by Frodo (it was his idea, not mine) who had an arm wrapped around my waist.

“Everywhere I lie there’s a dirty great root sticking into my back.” Sam complained. 

“Just shut your eyes and imagine you’re back in your own bed, with a soft mattress and a lovely feather pillow.” Frodo said, his breath tickling the back of my neck. 

“Like you should talk. [Y/N]’s hair is probably as soft as a lovely feather pillow.” Sam retorted. 

“Just try it, Sammy.” I muttered, barely audible for him to hear it. 

“Its not working, Mr Frodo, Ms [Y/N]. Oh, I’m never going to be able to sleep out here!” Sam complained. 

I felt Frodo smile against my neck. “Us neither, Sam.” 

I have chapter 5 through eight written (plus ten). I just haven't been posting for some weird reason? Now, you have two options to choose between what I write next. I can write chapter 9 and give you a steady update list for a week or I can write the first chapter of my Keigo Takami (Hawks (I think that's how tou spell his name. If I'm wrong please tell me and I will change it)) x Reader called Ninjago which is loosely inspired by LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu. Yes pretty awesome indeed. Write Chapter Ten of Glitter and Gold or Chapter One of Keigo Takami x Reader Ninjago?