thirteen

Rosa
I walked upstairs at the party trying to find a place to breathe.

I cannot believe I lost Sam. Well he ditched me.

He was supposed to get me a drink and never came back. Nate got me one instead.

I was tired of standing around lonely waiting for Sam while watching sweaty teens grind upon each other to screams of a lame remix.

I needed a break to sit down peacefully.

I had forgotten how I got to the party or whose it was but I just showed up. It's a blur.

I walked down the hall putting my ear close enough to the door to hear things and make sure it wasn't occupied.

I kept going til I found one that sounded like it was empty.

I opened the door ready to just jump onto the bed and relax when I opened the door to an occupied room.

A couple was making out on the bed.
I flushed red from embarrassment at first then I froze.

Focusing on the face for just a second I knew who it was: Sam.

I could tell by his fair skin and dimples as he glowed in the moonlight let in by the windows.

He looked up and saw it was me.

He immediately got to his feet and tried to chase me as I sprinted down the stairs and outside. he called my name multiple times.

It was raining outside so it made me look as if crying but I know better than to cry in front of who I saw just cheat on me and give them my weak side.

I've always been faster than Sam so he won't catch me.

I began walking once I thought he had stopped running.

Thought.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and jolted.

I grabbed the hand, retaliated, and flipped whoever it was out of instinct and slammed them to the ground.
I heard a groan. Of course it had to be Sam.

"Dammit Rosa!" He grumbled.
I felt bad for flipping him for a second then smirked with triumph at myself. That's nothing compared to what did tonight.

I began to walk away not wanting to deal with him.

"Rosa can't you just wait a second?!" He gasped regaining the strength to catch up.

"For what? For you to make up an excuse about what happened? For you to confirm you cheated? I don't want to hear it Sam!" I shouted as I kept walking.

"Rosa listen to me!" He yelled and pulled me by my hand.

"You're fucking lucky I haven't shot you yet. Get your hands of me!" I said with an empty threat.

I could never shoot him I'm just super mad. This is outrageous.
"Ross listen,"

"Don't call me that!" I clenched my teeth. I don't want to be called by a nickname by him at the moment.

he started,"I'm not going to make up a bullshit excuse because we both know you won't believe any of it. You're too smart. I honestly don't know what was happening half the time. I'm not even drunk. I regretted it the minute you walked in that door. I don't know what got into me!" He defended.

"Horseshit! What about before I walked in?" I yelled back pulling my hand free.

He remained at loss of words for a few seconds.