Would you like to stay forever

"Want a cup of Jawa Juice?'' Omera cheerfully offered to Madalorian. They were sitting on the open terrace overlooking the lush green jungle of Sargen. "Doesn't this feel like paradise?" She stopped by the railing and took a long look at the jungle, cradling a cup in her hands. "Wouldn't you like a place to settle down and raise the family?"

"I was always a soldier. That's what we do. That is our way." said Mandalorian thoughtfully.

"Nothing that a right person cannot help change," Omera assured him. "This drink in particular is thought to be an aphrodisiac." She looked at Mandalorian with longing. "And you never take off that helmet," she smiled, her hands feeling the steel armor on his chest. The Mandalorian took her slender hands into his own heavily muscled and covered with steel. He felt her warmth, he wanted it but ...

"I will tell you a story about that helmet. You might think it strange but if I take it off I will never put it on again. It all started when I was very small. My parents were caught in the crossfire by Separatist battle droids. They hid me before it was too late. There was a giant explosion, you see, and ... they were gone. Somehow, the Mandalorians found me near death, and nursed me back to health. They accepted me as a Foundling, a child that was adopted into their culture. Still after years of training, I was able to obtain my armor. Now I wear it like a second skin. It is a part of who I am. You should know that the armor I wear is five hundred years old. I reforged it to my liking, but the battles, the history, the blood all lives within it."

"Wow, that is an amazing tale. There should be a song about it." Omera sighed. "But I wish I could feel what is under that armor. I wish, um, I could touch the man behind it." She reached for his helmet and, for a moment, it looked like she was going to take it off.

"I wish the circumstances were different," said the Mandalorian, gently removing her hands from his helmet, "but the fighting goes on. Besides, I need to take care of him." He pointed to The Child who was happily playing with Winta.

Omera looked at Baby Yoda and smiled. "He is so cute. Look at those floppy ears and large eyes. And Winta, Winta loves him!"

As if to prove Mandalorian point, their peace was shattered by a plasma bolt that hit the ground a few meters away.

"Get down!" Madalorian was already pulling out his amban sniper rifle. Another blast hit closer. "Where is he hiding?" The Mandalorian was scanning the jungle with his laser sight. The shooter's form came into the view. He fired. The target disintegrated on impact. The danger was gone for the moment but he could be sure it would come back. "I have to leave this place. The Guild will continue to look for me to settle the score. I am putting all of you in danger. The Child must come with me. There is no other way."

Omera walked him back to his bike. "Goodbye and safe travels." She kissed the helmet where his mouth was. He wanted to stay so badly but he could not. He gunned the engine and she saw the bike disappear in clouds of dust. "There goes a good man," she thought wistfully.

"Mommy, will he be back?" Winta was standing next to her.

"I hope so, " said Omera.