16

"WHY ARE YOU QUITTING?! IF THIS IS BECAUSE IM THE LIBERO THEN-!"

"He's not leaving, go sit down." Suag flicks the edge of my ear and I scowl at him before sitting down on a bench. I don't bother with stretching because I really don't want to practice, but as soon as I see them setting up I get up and start helping in silence. I help Tsuki set up the net and he notices my slight limp and brings it up in the most snarky way possible. "I hope you're not thinking of playing with us until your door's healed. We don't need dead weight."

"Don't worry I won't be playing for a while." He continues to glare at me as I set up the net before the coach walks in and points to me straight away which makes me freeze. "Is your foot okay?"

"For now-"

"Good. Go stretch."

"Why are you here though? You're usually only here at the end of school days."

"School ends now Oreki."

"It does?"

"Yeah it's an early day."

"Oh. Cool." He shakes his head at my confusion and I walk off to the side before starting to stretch. "Okay! I need everybody's attention!" I look at coach and he starts talking as I continue stretching and the others gather in front of him. "Today we'll be doing a teamwork exercise. You'll all be assigned different positions. Team A! I'll call out your names and your positions and when you do come and grab a green vest. Daichi, middle blocker. Suga, wing spiker. Hinata, setter. Tsuki, wing spiker. Tanaka, middle blocker. Nishi, wing spiker. Kageyama, libero."

"Shit." I whisper to myself and walk over already feeling stressed.

The only other thing I've practised is sets and I know how to spike but not amazingly like Hinata. 

"Team B! Come get your yellow vests when I call your names. Enno, middle blocker. Hisashi, middle blocker. Kazuhito, wing spiker. Yamaguchi, setter. Asahi, libero. Oreki, wing spiker."

SHIT!

I reluctantly grab a vest and look like a dark shadow has been cast over me as I mope over to my side of the court. "Don't worry Oreki you'll do great!" Yamaguchi slaps my back and I just grumble as I mope over to my position and wait for death.

"Just don't pass the ball to me and we'll be fine." I whisper so only Yamaguchi can hear me as I roll my foot in a circle to make sure my ankle is okay whilst watching Tsuki get ready to serve the ball. Tsuki serves very well and Asahi receives the ball very shakily but none the less he receives it. "I'm sorry it's low!"

That's not good enough for Yamaguchi. If it was Kageyama or Suga they'd be able to use that but as far as I know Yamaguchi hasn't tried setting.

"Mine!" I bump it up higher towards Yamaguchi and coach Ukai gives a hum of approval that can't be heard over all of the yelling and running around. He thankfully sets it to Kazuhito and it's not the best but Kazuhito makes the best of it and slams it down.

With his wrist.

But he still hit it.

But Daichi blocked it.