Chapter 17: Harper

The people who I see when I cross the barrier all look tired. I first walk to Starla who is talking to a boy around my age.

"This is my brother..." introduces Starla before leaving us alone.

"Hi, my name is Jax. What's yours?"

"Um... my name is..... Harper. Your name is cool." I gasp and cover my mouth. He smiles warmly

"I like your name too"

He swims off to go talk to Zoey. I wait there in stunned silence.

"You ok?" Asks a girl with white scales and white hair "My name is Cadence. I am an ex Shadow agent. Unfortunately, I got my powers when I was less than one years old, which means I couldn't do anything, so I gave them up as soon as I could talk. Someone named kailey got my powers."

I talked to the newcomers well into the night. I even managed to talk to Jax with an entire sentence! Scarlet was glad to have someone around her age, which is a girl called Lana. Cadence and Starla became friends as well. The other people our age are: cadence, Saydie, Zara, Sirena, Lilah, Ollie and Sariah. There are also two infants. The adults (apart from Asha and Ollie) heard that the monster realm was opened, so they went to see if they could help. I'm praying that they make it out alive, but if they don't succeed, we will have to fight monsters ourselves. The Arctic base was a sphere about the size of a house. there was grass so we could breathe oxygen and everyone was sleeping in holes they dug.