headed home

"oh my, but it was forty pence" I said shaking my head "please miss, i did buy it for her, i do not wish for anything in return" He smiled lightly as i smiled defeated and gently took the bracelet from his hands my fingers brushing his.

He was quite charming.

"thank you, really, thank you" i said sincerely as he smiled flashing pearly white teeth "it is of no inconvenience to me, though i hope she enjoys it" he peered around my side to little Leyla who hugged my leg out of nervousness.

"she will i guarantee it" i laughed a little my eyes dropping to the accessory before back to his eyes, they seemed to shine with something for a moment, curiosity?

"would you-er-would you um" he rubbed the back of his neck nervously looking around as i waited. "would you accompany me to the festival tomorrow evening?" he suddenly questioned, my eyes widened. I had no idea there was a festival.

"Oh im so idiotic, I apologize, my name is Brale" he said with a sheepish smile holding out a hand to shake, i clasped it and nodded, "i am y/n, it is a pleasure to meet you Brale, this here is Leyla" i said looking to my daughter who hugged my leg peering up at him with interest.

He smiled down at her then looked a bit taken aback "wait you-im sorry if i-" he stumbled going .a bit red, "the father is absent" i filled in before he could keep stuttering, he breathed out seemingly relaxing as he smiled a saddened but yet with a glimmer of hope.

"i am sorry to hear it" he said sincerely as i nodded a stained smile tugging on my features, "its alright, anyway i-i would love to come with you to the festival tomorrow evening" i breathed out as a grin split on his freckled features.

"really? I mean-thank you-miss-er- y/n" he smiled and i nodded with a slight giggle escaping my mouth. "of course Brale, i'll see you at noon" i waved him off as he waved back and we made our way through the rest of the markets, we came across a bakery and ordered some bread.

Collected it and went along again, collected some rice, some freshly hunted deer and soon enough we had everything we needed.

"Mom? Can i please try on the bracelet Brale gave me?" Leyla questioned a little while in as we began to head home the sky taking a darker hue. "oh so you did take note of his name but didnt say hi?" i commented with a funny smile as she giggled turning a little red at the cheeks.

"i was nervous!" she denied and i shook my head laughing as i crouched down on the path on the way home and threaded the bracelet onto her little wrist tightening it where need be. "Brale likes you" Leyla commented as i fixed the jewelry onto her, "w-what?" i stumbled out my own cheeks warming up.

"I saw the way he looked at you, mommy! but what will you wear?" she questioned, i sighed and shook off the first part of her comment. 

I did want a real dress, the other ones i had were more like temporary illusions to cover my real clothes, but i couldn't get one now, "i suppose ill just work with my magic little one" i ruffled her hair as she pouted.

"We can't buy one?" she questioned her big blue eyes fluttering as i shook my head "no baby we have to save the money for our food" she seemed to scuff her shoes on the pebble path as the cabin came into sight. 

"but i want you to have a really dress mommy to impress Brale!" she said as we got back inside and i began to unpack the fresh food and store it away.

"I dont need to impress Brale sweetheart i just need to go to the evening festival tomorrow," i said shrugging storing away the rice in its bag. I tensed for a moment, i dont have anyone to look after Leyla, oh i suppose its not that bad. Its not like this was a date right?

right?

oh lord. What have i gotten myself into?

i turned to face Leyla who had sat onto the oval wooden table that you could see over the kitchen counter as she looked at me expectantly "yes you do" she piped up smiling. I frowned "im not marrying the man Leyla, dont look so smitten" i snorted putting away a few final things.

"mommy why can't you? he seems nice! better than mr annoying!" she cried exasperated.

"oh yeah?" i asked putting my fists on my hips smiling smugly "and what do you know about boys little miss Leyla? did you see someone at the markets, hm?" i questioned rounding the kitchen counter and tickling her as she laughed and leaned back on the tabletop.

"no! I didnt i swear!" she cried out through her laughter and her big smile "i think someones lying!" i said with humor in my tone as she shook her head giggling like crazy her whole body buzzing with happiness.

"no mommy i didnt i swear!" she huffed as i pulled my hands away smiling. Oh sweet Leyla, someday you'll think differently.

Sorry its so short i plan to try and get them longer