Duet!

“We’re here!”

            Alice pressed the brake so hard that we skidded, drifted, and finally, threw me overboard, landing face first into the bottom step of a low stair.

            “I’m good!” I raised a bloodied thumbs up.

            I feel someone, Cath presumably, grab my collar and drag me into the building, leaving behind a trail of blood.

            “See you in the audience!” She shouted back. We headed to where the performers were, and got ready. We sat down a small bench that was in the middle of some hall. Actually, I had no idea where came from, the walls seem to blend into each other. Thank god for signages. I pumped the song into full volume and tried to memorize it.

            Cath laid a hand on my shoulder.

            I looked at her pretty blue eyes.

            I feel lost.

            “Don’t pressure yourself. You’ll crack.”

            “I know… sorry.”

            “Didn’t you pay attention to what I said earlier?”

            “…”

            “Music is free. It is the swirling dust in the cosmos. The eternal reaches of the universe. Music demands to be felt.”

            “…I know.”

            “You’re so rigid,” she giggled, and casually poked my sides.

            Just as you know, I’m a very ticklish person. I would jump five feet away, shivering is you rustle my cheekbones.

            Needless to say, I jumped, and she almost died laughing.

            I reared my hand back, and struck her neck, where the spine meets the head, and started wriggling my hand. She reflexively slouched and grinded my hands. I continued to assault her relentlessly, while she laughs in agony.

            Wait, that sounds wrong.

            I was tickling her, and she grabbed my armpits and poked it hard.

            “Shit!”

            The tickle actually went from the armpit and through the whole body before reaching my brain. I couldn’t help it, I laughed so hard.

            My laughs echoed through the identical halls.

            “F-fuhahaha! Fuck you, CathihihihihiHAHAHAHA!”

            “Hehehe,” she chuckled as she continued tickling me.

            “Music demands to be felt, just like happiness.” She rambled casually, as if she wasn’t tickle-torturing her accompanist.

            “Gahahahaha!”

            “I think it’s our turn now.”

            She stopped her assault and smiled at me. She grabbed her violin case and motioned me to follow her.

            By the time we reached the stage, I was still spasming slightly. I scanned the crowd for Steven and Alice. I found them pretty quickly, considering that Steven was shouting and clapping while standing up.