Violin

“They say that, a person’s eyes sparkle when they’re in love.”

            I was sitting comfortable on a chair that Wednesday afternoon. It was lunch break and the classroom is mostly barren, only a few students eating their lunch together. Most of the others are out in the cafeteria, or roaming around, taking advantage of their free time before returning to horrendous school work.

            “It’s like everything they see had the saturation upped a notch. Everything is more colorful.”

            My friend, Steven Rogers, is rambling on about love.

            “I personally think it’s mostly psychological attraction to someone.” I replied.

            “That’s true too,” Steve rambled on, “but I’m talking about the eyes man. The eyes! The very window to a person’s soul.”

            “Okay, what were you saying?”

            “I’m saying that everything looks colored and brighter when someone’s in love. Think of it as Photoshop. You take a picture, then higher the lighting and saturation.”

            He said with a dignified voice, like he was a teacher lecturing a student.

            “Really?”

            “Yeah.”

            “I guess everything looks brighter to you.”

            “You bet! Now, I’m off to find lunch, I’m starving.”

            I nodded as he got up.

Sadly, everything for me is monochrome. Black and white. Dull.

Like the keys of a piano.

Sighing, I plugged in my earphones and started listening to some music.

            “I push my fingers into my eyes~.

            It’s the only thing, that slowly stops the ache~…”

            “Hey Jase!”

            I turned around and saw my childhood friend, Alice, grinning at me.

            “How are you doing?”

            “Fine…”

            “Look, are you free this weekend?”

            “Yeah why?”

            “I’m introducing a girl in my class to Steven.”

            “So?”

            “You should accompany me.”

            “You’ll be fine. You’re a big girl now.”

            She pouted.

            “Come on, you know it’s gonna be boring, with the eww romantic stuff. So I’m gonna need someone as my escort so I wouldn’t be awkward.”

            “I’m too lazy.”

            “C’mon, you need to get out of that depressing house of yours. Plus,”