The Meeting

Steven Universe had to wait until three of the Crystal Gems came back from their mission. He would've went if the mission wasn't extremely dangerous. At the moment he was sitting on the couch, bored out of his mind. Suddenly, he got an idea. Steven wanted some good ol' adventure.

Surely the Crystal Gems wouldn't mind right? A little exploring can't hurt! Steven got off the couch and went to the warp pad. He breathed deeply. 

"Alright warp pad. Take me somewhere . . . new. Somewhere that's not totally dangerous but exciting!" he chirped. Steven stuck his hands out to the sides and grunted, trying to teleport himself to the new area. A few seconds later, the warp pad activated and he was gone.

In the middle of a forest near Pure Heart Valley, a warp pad created itself on the grass. Steven appeared from it and looked around. "Huh. A forest. Time to explore!" he announced cheerfully. He walked through the lush forest, looking at the various stones on the ground. A certain type of blue birds flew past him every now and then.

He heard a humongous roar coming from straight ahead. Was it a corrupted gem?! Steven ran towards the sound only to find himself out of the forest. There was a white wall with a big entrance in the middle of it. On the other side he saw a bunch of buildings and weird creatures running around. They had a panicked expression on their faces.

That's when he saw it. A huge, purple mutant creature stood far away from the entrance. Steven wasn't sure it had a gem, so he walked through the entrance to take a closer look. As he did, he saw that the tiny creatures that were running in the buildings were animals. Running on two feet!

Steven squinted at the mutant to see three other animals attacking it. One looked like a badger with a robotic arm, one was a flying blue bat, and the last one was a black cat with red clothing on. The cat had a golden sword in its hand. Steven couldn't believe it. Not even for a second.

But hey, he's seen a lot of weird things.

"I'm gonna go help them fight that . . . I'm not even sure if it's a gem," Steven thought out loud. He dashed to the scene. The purple mutant swung at a building, making the top of it fall down. Steven noticed that it was gonna hit the blue bat! "LOOK OUT!" He yelled as he jumped super high to the tiny bat to hold it.

He encased both of them in a medium-sized pink bubble. The falling debris of the building bounced off the bubble, leaving them unharmed. The pink bubble fell to the ground, rolling a few times before stopping. Steven opened his eyes as they were shut tight. He sat up and looked to his left to see the cute bat sitting, gazing at him. Its yellow eyes were glistening with interest.

Trying to make a very short conversation, he stammered, "H-hi! I'm Steven! Steven Universe." The only sounds they heard were the muffled stomps and noises of the creature, along with laser shooting noises and a deep voice Steven thought came from the cat.

"Hi Steven. I'm Adorabat!" she replied. Steven's eyes widened a little hearing her speak. He did think the bat could talk, but he wasn't expecting it.

"That's a really cute name! Adorabat!"

"Your name is cute too! And cool!" Steven chuckled, his shoulders bopping up and down a little.

"Thanks." They sat in awkward silence for awhile.

"So . . . can you get us out of this pink circle?" She blushed in embarrassment and her eyes widened. "Sorry! I meant sphere."

"It's okay! And yeah, I can get us out." Steven stood up and made the bubble pop just like that. By now, the creature was down and defeated. The badger focused on disposing it. The cat sheathed his sword and turned to Adorabat and the . . . curly haired boy.