Isiah Jesus-Let It Be.

WARNING: THE TERM "N***A" IS USED IN NO WAY DO I CONDEM THIS WORD OR EVEN PHRASE BUT FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS IMAGINE  ALSO OTHER RACIAL SLURS OCCUR DURING THIS. 

When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

You and Isiah had been a couple for over a year now. Both of you used to the racial slurs that were thrown at your boyfriend, the disapproving stares that other people would give you. But you both didn't care because you were in love. When your friend were over they would refuse to drink from your cups because you and Isiah shared a house, they would get "N***a " germs they would say. You would get frustrated as nobody deserved to be talked about in this way. You could never understand how Isiah would let it slide or the way he would always whisper "Let it be babe". 

You would always go to bed angry or upset and every night you would hear the words "Let it be" looping in your head. The Shelby's understood your anger and disappointment that came from inside you. You would always vent to Polly and even Ada they would both cast their views. You knew what effect these words and looks cast at Isiah did and you yourself knew that people would get kicks out of it, after all you knew how quintessential racial slurs were everyday as you yourself were Romani, thats how you and Isiah met. 

Your brother (Y/B/N) and Tommy were born on the same day and both your mothers were born into the same camp on the same patch of ground. But your mother decided to carry on with life on the road while Mrs. Shelby would come and visit so often as she packed up and left to live in a house. You had a very strong bond with all of the Romani families and was very close to Arthur considering you were about 1 when he was 21, but whenever you were hurt, angry or upset you would always run to Arthur. When you were a baby you had accidently fell and cut your leg, you screamed and screamed until one of your brothers ran to a phone box and called Arthur to come down. By the time Arthur had got there your leg would of stopped bleeding but that didn't stop the crying, you would snuggle in to him while he ran his fingers in your hair to get you to sleep. Thats how you and Isiah met through the Shelby's and you could never of been more happy to know them. Your mother had sadly died which is how you ended up in Small Heath. When word spread Polly contacted and told you all that she would look after you. You were only 19 and struggling through life. Men would spit at you and stall holders or shop keepers would always accuse you of stealing or tell you that you weren't allowed in the shops.

You were walking into a restaurant when a man who hated you for who you were recognised you and decided to shout at the top of his voice " I aint eating in the same place as a thieving, dirty pikey scum, people like them should all fuck off to their own country". Other people looked at the man in shock while a selected few agreed, this didn't phase you one bit as you heard it all before but you thought you should educate the man who had chosen to try and belittle you because of your ethnicity. " I may be a thieving, dirty pikey scum but Sir I am in my country as I was born in England fucking back to my own country would be hard as you can already see I am in my own country but judging from your accent I can tell that your from Italy, now if you would kindly fuck off back to your own country so I could eat in peace would be wonderful" you sassily replied back satisfied with your answer. Some people looked back in shock while a couple tables to your right you heard a loud laugh which caused your head to snap in that direction. You noticed a handsome coloured man who you had seen hanging around with Finn and sometimes helping out with the betting den,  you decided to throw him a cheeky grin and a wink before you turnt your attention back to the other man who was leaving by now quite embarrassed that you had not backed down. 

You walked back over to the table that held the handsome man, you introduced yourself to him and he introduced himself to you as Isiah you both bonded over things that night which lead to him asking you out for a date. You told him yes and also you didn't mind if your first date was down the pub. Your first date started with a fight as some drunken fool decided to comment on Isiah's skin colour and referred to him as a "N***a". You both decided to let it slip for a bit or as Isiah would comment "Let It Be" but this drunken fool kept repeating him over and over again until you decided to confront him which ended up with him insulting you which wasn't a good idea as he came worse off as you drew your fist back and punch him square in the nose causing his nose to break and blood spray and soak his t-shirt. What you didn't expect was that the men he were drinking with would try and throw punches at you after what they had just witnessed happen to their friend. Isiah came to the rescue and help you with these men. After the drama had quietened down and a few stern words with the barman you and Isiah were served drinks. You spent the rest of the night drinking and laughing about what had happened. When you both got bored of the pub you decided it was best to go to the Garrison as you wanted to check in on your brothers. 

As you approached the snug Isiah slipped his hand in to yours and smiled. You were greeted with all the Shelby clan including your drunk faced brothers. Polly was the first to speak up and ask how your date went. The Tommy asked why both your knuckles were bloodied and cut so you both decided to tell them. Isiah couldn't stop laughing as he relayed your little comment back to the man this earned a round of laughs and a few very proud facial expressions from your brothers. But Polly didn't look too impressed, but you couldn't understand why. So later on into the night you questioned Polly why she didn't look to happy earlier, she looked at you like you had seven heads. "Aunt Pol please tell me what I've done wrong, what was I supposed to say and do they were throwing racial slurs". "My girl I'm proud that you stood up for yourself but you need to realise that things are the way it is, this happen for a reason , you need to let it be" you looked at her shocked "You sound so much like Isiah with your words of wisdom let it be". She smiled its when you realised that Isiah had learned from Polly the phrase let it be. 

Isiah and you fitted together like a glove he would always reassure you during the times when people thought that their opinions would matter or their views. But sometimes the words let it be would anger you which is why you and Isiah clashed heads. "Let it be(Y/N)" "Have you fucking heard yourself you sound like a broken record let it be, let it be, let it be are you thick if you dont have the bollocks to stand up for yourself or fight for your rights then whats the point? Whats the fucking point Isiah? We shouldn't have to stick up with people always wiping their knives and forks with napkins when we hand them cutlery, we should have people refusing to eat in the same room or even refusing to sit a table over from us. Why does it matter Isiah I cant change who I am and you cant change who you are so instead of fucking let it be we need to sort this out because we have rights babe we have fucking rights the same as them we should have to weary walking out the house in case someone throws something. We shouldn't have to be walking on egg shells in case someone throws a rock through the window" at this point you had realised that you hadn't taken a breath because of your venting. Isiah understood where you came from he always would want things to change but he realised that all the violence in the world would do nothing to get anyone to change their views instead it made their opinions worse. Isiah pulled you closer and slowly kissed you passionately to silence you. When you pulled apart he spoke "I love you and I know  how  you feel but if we let it be then it gives them no satisfaction because one day babe were be richer, prettier than them and we can look down on them and say the things they say to use. Just please (Y/N) just let it be" You agreed. Even if at some point you couldn't let it be you knew you could vent it out in your sleep because after all you loved Isiah and knew he was right. 

A/N I HOPE EVERYONE WHO READS THIS IMAGINES BOOK  HAS HAD AN AMAZING CHRISTMAS AND HAD A GOOD NEW YEAR. BUT SADLY THERE ARE ALREADY HORRIFIC THINGS HAPPENING IN AUSTRALIA PEOPLE ARE LOSING THEIR HOMES, THEIR LIVES  AND ANIMALS ARE LOSING THEIR HABITATS AND WILDLIFE IS SLOWLY GOING DOWN IT SADDENS ME. 

I ALSO DONT KNOW HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THIS IMAGINE.