Prologue

Word Count: 399

A/N ~ Hey all! This is my first ever story and I'd appreciate it if you read and review it! Let me know if there are any other ideas you may have for this story and what you thought! Thank you all!

Warning: Mild cursing, but nothing too terrible

"Heather Anita Darley, get your ass back in here this instant!"

"I'm headed to Morgan's for the night. See you later." Heather responded. She despised spending nights with her mother due to the abuse she tended to dish out. When she was especially upset, like today, she would drink herself into oblivion and hand out the worst beatings and abuse.

Morgan had the same issue, but whenever Heather was at her best friend's house, or vice versa, their mothers would never even touch a drink or place a finger on their daughters. It helped a lot since both girls had school the next day and didn't want anyone to notice the cuts or bruises littering their bodies.

Heather ran around the block to reach her best friend's house and knocked on the door. Morgan's mom answered it with a fake smile. "Why, hello, Heather dear. Morgan's around back, by the pool. Come on in." She moved aside to let the teenager step in. Heather smiled back and replied with a, "Thank you, miss Lister."

"Dearest, what have I told you? Please, just call me Analiese." The older woman smiled at Heather and walked into the kitchen while Heather walked out back. "Morgan! I'm here!" she called out to her best friend, but Morgan simply nodded her head to acknowledge Heather's presence.

Heather frowned as she sat beside her friend. "Morg, what's wrong? Was it your mom's boyfriend again?" Harrison Alkhigme was a horrible man who dated Morgan's mom and join in with the beatings for fun. Morgan shook her head and handed Heather her phone. "This man claims to know my father, and he said to go to New York and we'll be fine. He said to bring you too, and not to get caught by these people who call themselves Hydra. Claims they're really bad." Heather nodded as she read the text and said, "Well, if it gets me away from mom, I'm sold. I'll go start packing now." Morgan looked at Heather, shocked she'd give in this easily. "Really? We don't even know him. We have no way of trusting this man!" Heather shook her head sadly. "I'm not going for whoever this man is. I'm going to get away from the woman I call my mother. I won't stand by and be tortured by her anymore, and neither should you, Morgan." With that, Heather walked away.