chapter 4

Two years had passed in a blink of an eye.  Negi still couldn't believe that she had been reborn back into the world. Now that she's two year old, she started to walk and climb all over the house and hit her head more than her fingers could count.

More than that, Fumiko became more lenient toward  Negi since it became a routine for Negi to wander around.

Much to Negi's relief. She even started to learn, what she had found out her new mother tongue, Japanese,  while reading picture books that her father bought for her. Despite having a difficult time pronoucing the words,  Negi was kind of glad that she was able to memorize some words.

Just like how she had to memorized all those darn bones and muscles.

"Negi is hangry!" She wobbled to the kitchen and gripped on the door frame. Another thing that she's proud of is she can actually walk on her two poor excuse of feet.

"Amazing Negi-chan! "Fumiko beamed, she twisted the nipples onto the baby bottle.

"Negi-chan is cute~ isn't she, Gito? "

The grey haired man sat across the table lowered his newspaper. With a wide smile on his face.

"She's adorable." Gito agreed. He set his newspaper on the table before picking Negi up. He tossed her lightly into the air before catching her. Of course, Negi did not any expression on her face other than her usual dead panned face.  Causing Gito to sweat dropped.

"Negi-chan, you should really work on your expressions." Gito sighed, he took the baby bottle from Fumiko and feed Negi himself. "Sometimes I even wondered if your amygdala is smaller than average." He paused, "Honey, should I run a MRI scan on her?"

Fumiko rubbed her forehead gently, "Gito, I don't think that's necessary. She's still developing, and besides you can run a scan on her with your quirk." She said as she washed the dishes.

Gito pushed his glasses up. "I suppose so, honey."

川暇義統
||QUIRK: X-RAY||
Kawahima Gito is capable of seeing not only the bodily system, but also seeing through other surfaces. However, his X-RAY sight is only useful within 30 meter radius. Any further than that will render his quirk useless.

"Fumiko, I might come home late tonight." Gito said as he set Negi on the ground. He watched Negi wobbled away before he continue. "I have an appointment for nine hour surgery in the late afternoon."

"Is it Jotaro-san?"

"Yeah, apparently his kidney is falling. We have been waiting for a week now, and we weren't sure if he is going to make it since there wasn't any suitable donor for him until yesterday." Gito sipped his black coffee, "I hope we can have a successful surgery today."

Fumiko wiped her hands on her apron before sitting across the table. "Poor Jotaro-san. Maybe I should make some herbs for his recovery."

Gito smiled, "I suppose, you should." He used his chopsticks to wrapped the leaves around the rice. "This perilla leave is tasty."

"I knew it'll be tasty if I harvest it today." Fumiko grinned. "My sense of smell can never betray me."

川暇富美子
||QUIRK: ENHANCED SMELL||
Kawahima Fumiko is capable of smelling things that are otherwise undetectable to others. She is also capable of detecting poisons and venoms before anyone. Although, if she inhales more than a sniff it will be critical for her health.

"I should go now." Gito stood up and kissed Fumiko on the cheeks. He walked out of the kitchen, and to the front door.

Luckily, he did not saw Negi crawling away from her hiding spot.

-Later-

Negi could only curse her fate. Most of the things she sees on the television seems surreal. In fact, she even commended them for a quality special effects. But only for her to find out that there was no budget for the special effects, and everything is real.

No joke.

Not only she got an X-RAY vision for a dad, but also a smoke detector for a mom. She's currently having a conflict on her previous fiasco on how  her parents was able to caught her red handed on the roof. To which she previously speculated that it was a mere coincidence that their parents found out within 0. 8 seconds after she sneak her way out of the second floor balcony.

Now she come to light on how they were able to breath down her chubby neck, she can't wait to find out what her poor excuse of a brother have for a power.

Note the sarcasm.