Chapter 3 (Michael)

Michael and the Imp sit at the table inside the meeting room, discussing what to do to the people who haven't completed their contracts. David hands Michael one of the contracts that were very old and he couldn't see who the contract was for.

David groans in annoyance and takes the contract back, "This one is probably already dead and in your father's realm." Michael nods in agreement, that contract was so old that the person who made it was long dead.

They sat there going through the piles and piles of paperwork. Some of them would get placed into a bag, while others would get stacked on the table and placed in a box. They were doing this for a while now not showing any signs of stopping anytime soon, at least until there was a knock at the door.

Michael sighed softly and answered, "Come in!!" The sound of the door opening slowly echoes through the mansion. Footsteps are heard and then the sound of the door, that is being closed, rings through the mansion once more.

The mansion is suddenly quiet, not a sound is made and this confuses Michael, at first, but he puts the pieces together when Rian enters the room. Michael understands that he flew through the mansion to get here not making a sound because his wings are extremely quite.

"Hello Michael, Imp!" Rian says cheerfully as he walks over to where the two of them are working. Michael can't help the small smile that appears on his face and he greets Rian.

"Hey, Rian how are you?"

"I'm great Michael and how are you?" He asks with a smile.

"Okay, just annoyed with all this paperwork that I have to get through..."

"Oh, would you like some help?"

Michael looks over at Rian in surprise and David snickers at the look on his face, earning himself a glare from both of them. "Sorry, sorry I couldn't help it!!" David says waving his hand around frantically hoping that they won't hurt him.

Michael rolls his eyes at the Imp and turns back to Rian, "Are you sure you want to help?" Rian nods his head a smile on his face once again, this causes Michael to smile softly, but he hides it so that Rian doesn't notice.

Michael leads Rian over to the table and they take a seat side by side with each other, they start going through the paperwork on the table. They work for a few hours without any interruptions and/or problems. Michael is extremely happy, not only is all of the paperwork finally done, but Rian is here and they can spend some time together.

Michael has Rian follow him to another room, this one looks more like a lounge room, with three black leather couches and a few small tables. Michael sits on one of the couches and pats the spot next to him for Rian to sit down with him. Rian walks over and sits down, he turns to look over at Michael with a smile on his face.

"What do you want to do?" Rian asks looking around for something to do. Michael smiles at him and he points to something that looks slightly familiar to Rian.

"What is that?" Rian asks and Michael explains.

"This is a game that I used to play with a friend of mine a few hundred years ago..." When he says this he looks at the ground pain flashing briefly in his eyes, but it only lasts for a second and when Rian blinks it's gone.

"Oh... Well, let's play then!!" Rian says excitedly. Michael chuckles at how excited the werewolf was to play the game. Michael explains the rules and they start to play, at first Michael was winning but Rian quickly overtakes him and wins.

"WHAT!! HOW??" Michael yells throwing down the cards in his hands, Rian bursts out laughing unable to contain himself. Michael glares at him for a few seconds before he can't help but laugh at the werewolf, who by this point is rolling on the floor.

The sound of their laughter rings through the mansion and David smiles from where he sits, he's perched on one of the bookshelves in the library, a book in his hand.

He hasn't heard Michael laugh like that in a while and he wonders how Rian was able to make him laugh like that. For as long as David has known Michael the only person who has ever made him laugh like that was Ritchie, but Ritchie is dead... Right?