Chapter 6

(No one's pov)

"Rian, are you here?" Austin asked, stepping into the house, the others behind him. Austin tensed no one had answered, and that terrified him.

He glanced back at the others, but instead of comfort, he saw his own fear reflected in their eyes.

"We should check upstairs to see if he's here?" Bri suggested and, everyone agreed and they headed up the stairs.

Austin knocked on the door to Rian's room, not wanting to barge in and invade his privacy. There was still no answer, he glanced back at the others then pushed open the door.

At first, everything seemed normal. The blinds were shut, causing the room to be shadowed. They could just barely make out the shape of Rian asleep in his bed.

Everyone sighed relieved that Rian was safe. Nothing seemed to be wrong, at least for now,.

Austin and the others decided to hang out in Rian's living room, they wanted to speak to him but had to wait until he woke up.

(Austin's Pov)

We have been playing cards and talking in Rian's house for two hours now, and I'm surprised that Rian isn't awake yet. Normally, he is easily awoken by loud noises, and I know for a fact that we haven't been quiet.

A tap on my shoulder snaps me out of my thoughts, I glance up and I'm met with Bri's beautiful blue eyes, they are full of concern.

"Are you okay, Austin? You seem out of it..."

"I'm fine, just thinking about how Rian hasn't woken up yet. It's kinda worrying me..." I explain giving her a small smile.

"Yeah, it's weird that he's not up yet.." Bri says, looking down at her hands. "Maybe we should check on him?"

I nod and stand up, reaching my hand out for her to take. We make our way up the stairs to Rian's room for the second time. I turn the handle and push open the door. Bri and I step inside of the dimly lit room, our eyes taking a few seconds to adjust.

We spot Rian asleep in his bed, but something is wrong. A whimper echoes in my ears, it came from Rian. Who is now withering back and forth on his bed.

Bri and I rush forward simultaneously. When we reach his side, Bri tentatively reaches out her hand to shake him awake, but she jerks her hand back as soon as she touches him, letting out a cry of pain.

"What happened? Are you okay?" I ask snatching up her hand and examining it.

"I think so, but when I touched Rian it was like I was touching fire," Bri explains glancing at her burned palm.

I glance back over at Rian only to gasp, he looks different, his hair is brown, and his ears are gray. He doesn't smell like a True Alpha anymore.

Bri's head snaps up to look at me as I gasped. Without tearing my gaze away from Rian. I point at him, and she turns her head only to gasp as well.

"What the hell? What happened to Rian?" She asked.

"I don't know, but we need to get the others up here, " I explain as I pull open the door and rush down the stairs. "Everyone upstairs now!! Something is wrong with Rian!"

The others gasp, and spring to their feet immediately. They follow me up the stairs and to Rian's room, where Bri and I explain everything.

"Maybe my dad will be able to help?" Devin says looking at the group.

"That's a great idea, maybe Michael will be able to help!" Bri declares. "Devin you should go get him!"

Devin nods quickly leaving the room, we can hear the echo of the front door being opened and closed. Now, all we can do is wait.

A/N Hey everyone, I'm so sorry that it took me so long to update, but I hope you enjoyed this chapter. There are only three chapters left! Have a great day/night Flames! ❤️🔥